2021/22 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
League 1, Scottish Prem, Championship... He's taking a step up every time.

He's still only 21 and this will be his make or break season I think. Does well and it suggests the next step is Premier League, either for us or a lower/mid/promoted team,. Struggle and he'll be set for a career of EFL/Scottish football.

I'm a little surprised though, with no backup Striker in Richarlison anymore, that we'd be happy going into the season with Rondon as only backup to an injury prone DCL. I can only imagine Dele will be an emergency False 9 at times?

Its not our job to do that, thats the point of the coaches and staff at the club who work with him every single day.

I work in an office, i don't think Im in a better position to judge Simms, even if I watch him play a few mins in friendlies.

The day to day work a player does is key, thats a point most fans always ignore or just refuse to take on.
Not ignoring, just not taking it as gospel.

You've never seen me have a run of games but I would be surprised if you think that should happen. 'We'll never know unless we give him a chance' is just a terrible argument that makes no sense in the real world and is based on desperate hope rather than any understanding or knowledge.

But you're not a professional footballer though?

Bit of a false equivalence

But you're not a professional footballer though?

Bit of a false equivalence
But the same principle applies. You're not suggesting that every professional footballer should be given run of PL games to see if they're good enough are you? Of course not, you're only interested in the ones that were bigged up as juniors. You don't think Seb Quirk deserves a chance, just Ellis Simms because someone told you once he was good or you've seen his scoring record at under 18s. You don't think he 'deserves' a chance because you've watched him in depth and believe he's got what it takes, so you might as well be talking about me.

You have to be good enough to get a run in a PL team. You have to earn a run of games.
He has not had a run & if you think Rondon is better than Simms ....?????

We are again selling or loaning an unknown asset who has a fantastic goalscoring record with Manchester City youth team - thats why we signed him in the first place he has barely seen a first team place ... others have ....

He has not had a run & if you think Rondon is better than Simms ....?????

We are again selling or loaning an unknown asset who has a fantastic goalscoring record with Manchester City youth team - thats why we signed him in the first place he has barely seen a first team place ... others have ....
I dont think either of them are good enough

But the same principle applies. You're not suggesting that every professional footballer should be given run of PL games to see if they're good enough are you? Of course not, you're only interested in the ones that were bigged up as juniors. You don't think Seb Quirk deserves a chance, just Ellis Simms because someone told you once he was good or you've seen his scoring record at under 18s. You don't think he 'deserves' a chance because you've watched him in depth and believe he's got what it takes, so you might as well be talking about me.

Err he's been on loan at a couple of clubs mate, all in leagues that have television coverage

Not hard to find the footage if you're interested in seeing how he does

I remember watching a few Yeovil games when Duffy was playing there and took in some WBA games when Holgate was on loan there

Heck, run it far back enough and I remember checking out how Coleman was doing at Blackpool

Didn't even need to leave my house/the pub to see it either. All on this magical thing called television

It's not the 1950's anymore and Simms isn't some lad from Colombia playing in a league that isn't televised. We have television and a thing called the internet. Most of us even have running water and flushing toilets. It's a whole new world!

It is absolutely nothing like the example you've given

Nothing

Err he's been on loan at a couple of clubs mate, all in leagues that have television coverage

Not hard to find the footage if you're interested in seeing how he does

I remember watching a few Yeovil games when Duffy was playing there and took in some WBA games when Holgate was on loan there

Heck, run it far back enough and I remember checking out how Coleman was doing at Blackpool

Didn't even need to leave my house/the pub to see it either. All on this magical thing called television

It's not the 1950's anymore and Simms isn't some lad from Colombia playing in a league that isn't televised. We have television and a thing called the internet. Most of us even have running water and flushing toilets. It's a whole new world!

It is absolutely nothing like the example you've given

Nothing
I think i'm probably younger than you mate so not sure what the 50s has got to do with it but fair enough, you believe Simms should have been playing for us over the last couple of years and maybe you're right. I can't agree based on what i've seen and it appears most people involved in top level football agree, but obviously we'll never actually know for sure.

Maybe those who watch all the players train every day know a little more than we do.

How many times have you seen Ellis play ?
Twice mate, but Iv'e seen Rondon play enough times to know that he is finished at this level. He was ok, at best, before he went to China, he now moves like a geriatric. He is also disgustingly over weight and unfit for a professional footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.