2021/22 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
League 1, Scottish Prem, Championship... He's taking a step up every time.

He's still only 21 and this will be his make or break season I think. Does well and it suggests the next step is Premier League, either for us or a lower/mid/promoted team,. Struggle and he'll be set for a career of EFL/Scottish football.

I'm a little surprised though, with no backup Striker in Richarlison anymore, that we'd be happy going into the season with Rondon as only backup to an injury prone DCL. I can only imagine Dele will be an emergency False 9 at times?

….Simms played in a Scottish FA Cup Final against a team who narrowly lost the Europa League, going further than the likes of West Ham. Rangers we’re sufficiently impressed to express an interest in taking him on loan next season.

i actually agree with those who think Simms is a better option than Rondon but that’s quite a low bar.

What might be a factor here is Simms is in demand and can be moved whereas nobody wants Rondon. I’d be surprised if we don’t bring a striker in, if Rondon is back-up we are in a perilous situation with DCL being fragile.

….Simms played in a Scottish FA Cup Final against a team who narrowly lost the Europa League, going further than the likes of West Ham. Rangers we’re sufficiently impressed to express an interest in taking him on loan next season.

i actually agree with those who think Simms is a better option than Rondon but that’s quite a low bar.

What might be a factor here is Simms is in demand and can be moved whereas nobody wants Rondon. I’d be surprised if we don’t bring a striker in, if Rondon is back-up we are in a perilous situation with DCL being fragile.
With Simms, there is at least hope.
With rondon, it’s beyond hopeless, and he reminds me of fat waiters failure.

Maybe but they're the same age- Gordon is now going into his second full season with us while Simms is off to Sunderland for his third loan.

I hope he does come good enough, but I can't see it. Also, as crap as Rondon is, he's a better option at this moment in time.

edit: I say I doubt he'll ever be good enough, but if we carry on with our current trajectory then he almost certainly will lol
I know what you're saying but he's not been given a chance with the 1st team. Before Gordon got his chance, most didn't think he was ready due to his season on loan at Preston. He only got his chance because we didn't have many other options, and luckily he grabbed it and didn't look back. I hope Simms gets a run of games before we discard him, if he's not upto it fair enough. He looked just as good as Rondon in his solitary appearance at Chelsea last season, and can still improve, whilst Rondon has already peaked.

Probably a loan that should’ve happened 2 years ago. Good luck lad.
He was injured at the start two seasons ago , then went on loan to Blackpool in January, Hearts last season of course. I’ve said a few times over the years that Simms has always appeared to be at least a season behind Gordon , he’s never had Gordon’s natural talent and been something of a slow burner .

Good luck to the lad. Championship is a very good standard. Hopefully he comes back ready to fight for a 2st team place next season.

You hope to God we have a striker coming in because as others have said we are in big trouble if Rondon is the back up.
Great move for him, this season will tell us what standard he can reach.

Might be regretting letting him go out on Loan if the injury to DCL is going to keep him out for more than a couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.