2021/22 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can only assume were close on another signing upfront

Lampard said recently Dobbin would benefit from a loan, but said cant let him go without signings
Honestly hope we don’t sign anyone and let Dobbin grow this season. Spend all the money we have on a proper DM

When he didn't get any time against Blackpool, then I started to worry for him

Bringing him off the bench for 10 minutes at one of his old clubs seemed like a no brainer

We were comfortably ahead, would have given him a run out and he probably would have got a nice reaction from all four sides of the ground

When he didn't come on I personally thought he was done here

It's a shame if he is, because I think he's never really gotten a fair shake of the stick and there's a player in there

Management clearly feel that Simms is not up to playing Premiership football, or maybe not up to it at present.

Keeping him at Everton would serve no purpose, take up space with the under 23's and probably cost about a million in wages.
On the other hand, management must either be blind or know that Rondonis not up to playing any kind of football. At least Simms can run.

Of course this is true but we do seem to give up on players very easily.

They may not be quite good enough for us but they still have worth, we seem to just give up and sell them off for 20p each or something.

Nature of the game now, everybody is in a rush. Nobody is patient, even less so the fans.

He plays for us, and does not look like prime R9, will be hounded and pressured very early, not a forgiving environment.

Its not often we get it wrong with young players, that it comes back to bite us.

Yes they are ALL good players, but they all tend to find their own natural level.

Edit : You could argue we keep hold of them too long....Simms is 22 this season.

Last edited:
People forget that players like Simms are watched every single day by full coaching teams.....THEY know how he is doing, not us.
This is what it all boils down to. If numerous managers have decided he's not worth a shot in the first team, you have to believe that there are good reasons for it. There's clearly no real interest in him from clubs at our level or above because otherwise you'd have to assume he'd be off. It doesn't mean he can't ever make it here or work his way up to the top, but I find it difficult to get on board with the idea that he's not been treated fairly etc.

At least Simms can run.
He can, but is he actually much quicker than Rondon? I have barely watched Simms, but i thought his speed, or lack there of, is one of the reasons he isnt getting a look. A player can be slow and effective if they have great movement, maybe Simms doesnt. Wasnt impressed with the amount he scored in Scotland either tbh.

This is what it all boils down to. If numerous managers have decided he's not worth a shot in the first team, you have to believe that there are good reasons for it. There's clearly no real interest in him from clubs at our level or above because otherwise you'd have to assume he'd be off. It doesn't mean he can't ever make it here or work his way up to the top, but I find it difficult to get on board with the idea that he's not been treated fairly etc.

Yep agree completely.

Too many eyes and coaches watch and monitor his every move, it NEVER luck when lads make it at the very top.

Any level of pro football is very good....even semi-pro football is good....and 99% of us cant even get close to semi pro level.

A player has to pass through too many reviews, trials for it ever to be luck they are pro players.

My lad has been in it, and its just imposible to luck your way through.

People forget that players like Simms are watched every single day by full coaching teams.....THEY know how he is doing, not us.

They could just be wrong

We've not exactly been a well-run club or well-coached team in recent years

Perfectly possible that they just aren't evaluating him accurately

This never gets considered for some reason, even when other players (DCL, Gordon) don't get a chance or get played out of position under one coaching team but then do well when given a chance under another one

They could just be wrong

This never gets considered for some reason, even when other players (DCL, Gordon) don't get a chance or get played out of position under one coaching team but then do well when given a chance under another one

Its not just 1 persons view though is it ??!!

Its 3/4 managers and their own coaching staff..then also the U18 / U21 coaches and managers - They will al have input.

The more people involved, the less likely its "wrong" - Not saying he is wrong for any other level....just our level.

Yep agree completely.

Too many eyes and coaches watch and monitor his every move, it NEVER luck when lads make it at the very top.

Any level of pro football is very good....even semi-pro football is good....and 99% of us cant even get close to semi pro level.

A player has to pass through too many reviews, trials for it ever to be luck they are pro players.

My lad has been in it, and its just imposible to luck your way through.

Hence, why so many lads at all Premier League u23’s end up making a decent living in the lower leagues.

They reach a natural plateau and stop developing.

They could just be wrong

Neither of those examples work. DCL has been a regular in the side since he was 18, he's played under all the managers he's had since. Gordon too has had runs in the team under 3 different managers. All 3 have decided against giving Simms a go. Of course it's possible they're all wrong, but it's not likely. It's also equally possible that the coaches have been wrong about hundreds of others in the system who aren't being/weren't given a chance but I don't see anybody saying we didn't treat Joe Anderson or Kyle John fairly. It's always the high profile ones that people think the coaches are wrong about isn't it. Funny that.

Status
Not open for further replies.