Homepage Article Ellis Simms Joins Blackpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does tell us more about were he actually is in his development and what Carlo and the full coaching team know....compared to the know it all "scouts" so vocal about throwinig him into our 1st team that is tring to get close to the title.....

It does tell us more about were he actually is in his development and what Carlo and the full coaching team know....compared to the know it all "scouts" so vocal about throwinig him into our 1st team that is tring to get close to the title.....
Fwiw, I don't think people have been that vocal, not compared to how they (including me) have been for Gordon to get more game time. It's more that the general consensus is that Cenk sucks, and Simms is the only other striker we have as an alternative.

So he probably should’ve gone on loan at 18?
Don't think he was ready, and the fact he's gone to L1 now would suggest the same. Bare in mind he only came to us at 16/17, so he's had 2/3 seasons with us. To me that's about the right amount of time to be playing u18s/23s football before going on loan.

Fwiw, I don't think people have been that vocal, not compared to how they (including me) have been for Gordon to get more game time. It's more that the general consensus is that Cenk sucks, and Simms is the only other striker we have as an alternative.
And yet, the fact remains that in the last 2 years Tosun has scored 7 goals in 10 games for Turkey, so is quite possibly a bit ahead of a young kid who is going to be playing in the bottom half of the 2nd tier of English football (if he can get a game).

Hopefully he takes the chance and pushes on, but Ancelotti will be dealing with what is right now rather than some fantasy land vision some fans have.

And yet, the fact remains that in the last 2 years Tosun has scored 7 goals in 10 games for Turkey, so is quite possibly a bit ahead of a young kid who is going to be playing in the bottom half of the 2nd tier of English football (if he can get a game).

Hopefully he takes the chance and pushes on, but Ancelotti will be dealing with what is right now rather than some fantasy land vision some fans have.
If we had Foden he may send him out on loan ........

If we had Foden he may send him out on loan ........
lol So a guy with 100 games for arguably the best team in the country and a number of England caps is the same as a guy who at the same age has not made his debut for Everton and can only get a gig in a middling Championship side? Have you been drinking fertiliser again Joe?

It's like Sancho and Dowell. City lose Sancho and he goes to one of the best teams in Germany and tears it up. We lose Dowell and he goes to a middling Championship side and warms the bench. They're not in the same ballpark and it isn't a case of our plucky lads not getting an opportunity.

lol So a guy with 100 games for arguably the best team in the country and a number of England caps is the same as a guy who at the same age has not made his debut for Everton and can only get a gig in a middling Championship side? Have you been drinking fertiliser again Joe?

It's like Sancho and Dowell. City lose Sancho and he goes to one of the best teams in Germany and tears it up. We lose Dowell and he goes to a middling Championship side and warms the bench. They're not in the same ballpark and it isn't a case of our plucky lads not getting an opportunity.
Some Fans on here reckon Tom Davies should be out on loan ....... our deadwood no one will have them yet I heard we might give Bolassie andBesic away for free .......

Bruce has a point here!

The crying for lads to get into a first team (no matter how crap we can think they are at times) which consists of full internationals and elite level footballers is mad.

The best use for our acadamy at the moment should be a way of making profit through player sales, which would mean for example loaning Simms out as early as possible (18ish) hoping he does well and then after 2-3 years of loans to sell him for a good fee with a nice sell on %. If a player comes through that makes the first team than that is a bonus.

Look at all the top teams, one player at most every 4/5 years.... United had Rashford & now McTominey, Liverpool had Trent & now maybe Jones, City with Foden, the 2 sides that have put a few players in (Arsenal & Chelsea) are underperforming).
All the lads mentioned, including the Arsenal & Chelsea kids are better than anything we have produced since Barkley

Some Fans on here reckon Tom Davies should be out on loan ....... our deadwood no one will have them yet I heard we might give Bolassie andBesic away for free .......
I'm not suggesting the senior pros are the bee's knees, just we have a massively over-inflated opinion of our youngsters. Gordon is another, as we have fans thinking he's automatically ahead of Bernard in the queue, despite one having played in a World Cup semi-final and the other being not fit enough to last a top flight game. It's bonkers.

I'm not suggesting the senior pros are the bee's knees, just we have a massively over-inflated opinion of our youngsters. Gordon is another, as we have fans thinking he's automatically ahead of Bernard in the queue, despite one having played in a World Cup semi-final and the other being not fit enough to last a top flight game. It's bonkers.
Gordon not been used that much very hard to judge .......Bernard had many games far too lightweight for the prem ....plus on huge wages .....

Don't get me wrong, it would be great if we could replicate something like what Dortmund have got, but we're in a position whereby fans are suggesting 20 year old kids who have done absolutely nothing should push out international players just because they're Academy players. Sancho and Haaland are both the same age as Simms. Reyna, Bellingham, and Reinier are all a few years younger, and all have achieved way more than Simms, yet he's supposedly the savior of our attack. Bonkers.

Gordon not been used that much very hard to judge .......Bernard had many games far too lightweight for the prem ....plus on huge wages .....
He's being seen every day in training by one of the most decorated managers of the last 20 years. I kinda suspect if he thought he'd improve the team then he'd be a regular. But he's got to dislodge either James or Richarlison when they're both fit, or the aforementioned WC semi-finalist or a guy we spent £40 million on.

Don't get me wrong, it would be great if we could replicate something like what Dortmund have got, but we're in a position whereby fans are suggesting 20 year old kids who have done absolutely nothing should push out international players just because they're Academy players. Sancho and Haaland are both the same age as Simms. Reyna, Bellingham, and Reinier are all a few years younger, and all have achieved way more than Simms, yet he's supposedly the savior of our attack. Bonkers.

I think there’s a difference between thinking a player should be given a chance rather than persist with known wasters, and declaring him our lord and saviour Jesus Christ 2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.