EFC vids when you're in the crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry not a video, but there you go that’s me age 8 - pretty much right in the middle of the little blue circle! Wembley 1968, my Grandad is on my right! My Dad and Uncle where in the Everton end behind the goal!

Only came across this photo in May this year, first and only time I have ever seen a picture of the exact place where we sat!

1DD1F3BD-4C10-4337-91B5-A445A43455E3.jpeg

Sorry not a video, but there you go that’s me age 8 - pretty much right in the middle of the little blue circle! Wembley 1968, my Grandad is on my right! My Dad and Uncle where in the Everton end behind the goal!

Only came across this photo in May this year, first and only time I have ever seen a picture of the exact place where we sat!

View attachment 106190
Only my uncle still alive at 87 yrs old got a ticket for that game looks like you had a good spec;)

When the BBC first started showing football late on a Saturday night,think it was 1956, they used to show two games, Charlton v Everton was one of those games, we won 2-0 or 2-1, anyway I had a bet with Sam Bartram the Charlton goalkeeper before the game, a dollar, 25p, when we won I ran onto the pitch and asked Sam where would he pay me after he got changed, he told me to feck off. Now I’ve tried to establish that this game was one of the two shown that night but can find no evidence of it, it would have shown me on the pitch talking to Sam Bartram asking the cheatin’ bar steward for my money. True story.

Yup, front row seats Joey - downside was we got pretty wet, was a damp old day in London!
Plus the bad result we never deserved that Bally stated he had never played in a game so ones sided - the GV claimed only if he had been substitute etc - My Uncle was gutted too to get beat in that way we missed so many chances poor Husband......

How did you take it with that great spec?

Went in the City End at the front just to the side of the goal, Cahill scored in last minute & my lad leaps up in a Bright Yellow coat, could see him on motd.

The stewards all surrounded the corner flag to stop cahill getting to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.