Educating Rafael

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just tired by the weeks of speculation and the tension and sniping, it hasn't been the best of times.

Just want to see the beginnings of sustained improvement and progress, bit by bit.

And some stability and continuity, so yes, I'd like him to hang around a while, all other things equal.

This talk of "winning" is a bit too clichéd now, actually, we need to reset and focus on working hard first.

The manager, whomever it is, Benitez included, gets qualified support from me until shown they deserve to lose it.

He would have been far from my first choice, but I can get over his history / comments. I didn't have to work hard on that.

There are many players, managers, chairmen/owners, etc who have done immeasurable damage to the club over the years.

Benitez is far, far down the list of people I have a gripe with.

Bang on. I am far more annoyed at what Allardyce, Koeman and Ancelotti did to this Club.

If it is affecting the atmosphere at the ground of course it matters. If you want a toxic environment it doesn't but if we want to progress it is in peoples best interest to back him at least quietly if not cheering from the rooftops.

….he comes with baggage, I’m afraid the club knew his appointment would be divisive. He probably won’t get the leeway other managers get so early performances will be important. Folk will voice opinion on fans forums and in pubs. Fans will moan at the game if the team is poor. Human nature.

I’m against his appointment but I actually think he’ll be ok as Manager.

Last edited:
Mods, could we have a poll now that Benitez is confirmed.

Something like

" Are you now going to give Benitez your full support as Everton manager or are you going to stop supporting the Club while he is there."

I believe it might help clear the air if we can see the numbers on GOT.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.