Duncan Ferguson - The Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember Rom hugging Martinez made even the Arsenal subs smile
Something to smile about, lads? Kim Kallstrom, Aaron Ramsey, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and reserve keeper Emiliano Viviano are all grinning behind Roberto Martinez and Romelu Lukaku

+6
Something to smile about, lads? Kim Kallstrom, Aaron Ramsey, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and reserve keeper Emiliano Viviano are all grinning behind Roberto Martinez and Romelu Lukaku
Watched some highlights when Dunc emerges from the tunnel before first half kick off, every head and pair of eyes on the Chelsea bench turn to look at him, their fate was sealed.

hes done Everton a big favour. He could really play a massiv part in Evertons future been the difference in panicking and getting another dinosaur to pull us out of trouble and setting us back more years. Keep us out of trouble for crimbo and he’s don miracles.

I won't get carried away after one brilliant, passionate, Everton traditional performance, but I give all of the credit for this win to Dunc.

Shearer and Keown expressed my sentiments entirely when they said the fault up to now has lain both with manager(s) and with an unacceptable attitude from professionals who have the privilege of wearing the RBJ.

I am personally in my third year of the manager from hell myself, but I continue to perform to the best of my ability, relying on the pride I have in my own work and in what it does for people who depend on me inside and outside the job. It is not easy though when my manager is such a negative presence.

I believe we can maintain this at Old Trafford, and I really want to see Dunc given time. It was manifestly clear how much he lives and loves the club and the players. That makes a huge difference to attitude and the players responded. 37 tackles is the highest in the Premier League in three years. That aline is remarkable

Finally, Everton FC is the Club that seems to do best with a manager that eats sleeps and breathes its tradition. We have not had that for over two decades.

Let's allow Duncan a little space and time before appointing another very expensive outsider.

Mulled this over through my celebratory stupor last night but yesterday is possibly the greatest service to our club that Dunc has or will ever do. He's bought the sane members of the board time to find the right manager, not the "right now" manager, quelled the sense of panic and surely pissed on Kenwright's bonfire with regards to bringing back Moyes.

Just woke up, still recovering.
What a day, great to be stood in Goodison when the atmosphere is like that.
The team, the crowd, the stewards & the ball boys were up for it yesterday.
An old work colleague who supports Chelsea contacted me to say what a day to have to visit your place.
The Goodison bear pit at at its best.
Thank you Duncan for returning some sole to our club.
Mr Moshiri take note, yesterday is what Everton and its fans expect.

Besides all the hysteria of yesterday, I do like the way his being in the limelight currently is promoting certain standards of work rate, pride in performance, playing for something bigger than yourself and demonstrating just what you can get back from Everton if you apply/do these things. And, importantly for the players, that you don't have to have grown up in Walton to understand them.

It's completely tragic and actually quite comical that after all the money we've spent since Moshiri came in, we've just sacked our 4th manager in 3 years, were in the bottom 3 in December and were asking Duncan to ride in and save us like it's the 90s again, but hopefully the players have had a glimpse of what's possible on a more regular basis if they show something vaguely resembling the enthusiasm as the interim manager, going forward.

A joy to have. Big Dunc gave me my excitement back. I just feel a little bit sad for him as he got some tough games coming up, all thanks to the board's inaction with that clown Silva, who should have been sacked long ago. I don't want Howe, Kovac or Moyes for that matter. Hopefully Dunc does good, so he stays here.

I won't get carried away after one brilliant, passionate, Everton traditional performance, but I give all of the credit for this win to Dunc.

Shearer and Keown expressed my sentiments entirely when they said the fault up to now has lain both with manager(s) and with an unacceptable attitude from professionals who have the privilege of wearing the RBJ.

I am personally in my third year of the manager from hell myself, but I continue to perform to the best of my ability, relying on the pride I have in my own work and in what it does for people who depend on me inside and outside the job. It is not easy though when my manager is such a negative presence.

I believe we can maintain this at Old Trafford, and I really want to see Dunc given time. It was manifestly clear how much he lives and loves the club and the players. That makes a huge difference to attitude and the players responded. 37 tackles is the highest in the Premier League in three years. That aline is remarkable

Finally, Everton FC is the Club that seems to do best with a manager that eats sleeps and breathes its tradition. We have not had that for over two decades.

Let's allow Duncan a little space and time before appointing another very expensive outsider.
Can't argue with this, Goodison Park is no place for tippy happy football. A team playing for the shirt with a mix of passion, determination and skill will always do for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.