Duncan Ferguson - The Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just managed to watch it all for the first time

He gets man of the match.

Humble, passionate, desire, respect, stature, effort.. Came from the big man and fair play the players gave us something back.

Like night and day compared to Wednesday

Proud as punch, brilliant to get a call from my little lad after the match buzzing and struggling to pick a motm because he said there were too many. Made my day that, bit of a tear in my eye typing that tbh because Wednesday was just a rough arse night and any mum and dad who took their kids to school Thursday morning would know what I'm talking about. That just felt like enough is enough and today has given us all a bit of hope.

It'll be interesting to see how the next couple weeks go. I think we caught Chelsea a bit off guard with the directness and intensity. Unlikely we will surprise people again. Also tough to be that intense every week. Maybe Dunc can get them to do it.

Duncan has a UEFA Pro license

Knock it off.

Dave come on mate, let it go. Duncan did a good job today.
He did. Sadly the world (inc me) is cynical and the PL is big business but today was pure romance, what the game was until it sold it's entire soul to Murdoch and others since.

Dunc is probably not the answer but today he stirred the soul like they did before Directors of Football, when Saturday was Saturday and men played instead of theatrical cheats. So thanks Dunc for a reminder of why we like football.

What a day for the big man.

So many refreshing and simple things today from him. Passion, a sensible setup, a clear purpose and mission in the game. Hell, even a substitute that was proactive rather than reactionary. And it didn't take 7 minutes to get the sub in.

Also looks boss in a suit.

I've been elated all day after the performance.

I'm hoping that he's in for a few more weeks to be honest, maybe until Christmas. Wouldn't mind seeing him become a manager in the championship or somewhere for the next couple years to see what he's got.

No doubt this has been posted, but i just really enjoy Andy Gray talking about EFC.

I don’t know why hair hands loves Sam so much. Sam had 11 behind the ball and standing in a very rigid shape with no tempo , intensity or excitement. We had games where we never had a shot on goal. He was set up to not concede and hope for a set piece. He knew that simply stopping goals would be enough for him to do a “good job”. He also was sacked by England for taking illegal payments and has often trolled fans of the club he is currently managing. He is nothing like duncan , especially when it comes to Efc , Sam was our for Sam , Dunc is all about efc. Dunc has had one game and I said this when watching last night , “ this game reminds me of Dunc’s first game under royle”. Everton fans love passion and the staudium yesterday sounded like nothing I have heard for about 3-4 years. Sam didn’t have a single performance like that or an atmosphere like that in the whole time he was here and Dunc has done it on day one. Richard keys comparing Sam to the dogs of war? I enjoyed watching us play that style of football, it’s connects the team to the fans and gives them a chance to shout and cheer and get the team going. We beat the RS home and away playing like that, we beat Man U, we won the cup and we had players that our fans would support purely on their effort and pride for the shirt. Dogs of war style football is very basic but can be very exciting and entertaining and even when we finished 5th with Bobby I found our games boring. I love blood and thunder football , proper British style , hard, fighting , determined , all for one style football and goodison responds whenever it is on display , I can’t beleive so many managers have failed to recognise this

Its hard not to get carried away about Duncan: the injection of emotion and aggression but above all
a system and an approach to playing were all missing under Silva.

Knowing that our senior midfielders are limited - Gilfi and Morgan- playing them as holders and setting up
two up-front to harry, run and combine was a masterful stroke.

Give Duncan a run in charge, Moshiri, its the smart move!!. Loadsa time to get a new bloke next summer if it
does not work out.

I thought that Presser was refreshing and honest, I thought he handled himself really well, you could tell he was nervous and rightly so.

He has my full backing tomorrow and I am sure all blues going tomorrow will raise the roof singing his name
COYB
Big Dunc was my hero years ago and even though im 34 years of age i cried like a baby at the end of 90mins and i still am after the highlightes...will i ever get a grip of myself!!!

As someone who lives in Scotland so is quite distant to every day Everton I came on here expecting to see nothing but joy but instead there are still huge amounts of negativity. Yesterday should have gave everyone a reminder of why we all love football. Duncan Ferguson gave us a side that fought for absolutely every ball and his celebrations were wonderful. I understand we can’t play like that every game but for this game it was incredible and he reminded everyone what the club means to us. This game will live with me for a long time. One of my favourite players growing up. Seeing him celebrating in the way he did brought tears to my eyes.

Just remember for everyone slagging the tactics. He had about 1 day with the players. To write it of as hoofball is far from the truth.

Like Ferguson or not, if that game with raw emotion/result/atmosphere/ yesterday doesn’t put a smile on your face then footballs not for you.

First time in a long time Manager/players and fans were together as one.

This is the romancing football. Loved it and now I'm sad this is a one off. Goodison was amazing, the crowd were loving it. I'm so gutted that I didnt go to this game. Thank you Dunc for showing me why i fell in love with football.

Status
Not open for further replies.