Duncan Ferguson Moving On

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who'd be on his staff? That'd be interesting. Unsworth & stubbs? Maybe Carsley, think hes ex blackburn

"Punching opponents left right and centre"

Not sure I recollect Big Dunc regularly knocking seven bells out of opponents. He walked the line of what is fair and what is not, crossed it on more than one occasion but a thug he was not. Perhaps you're just a bit wet.
...i forgot to mention strangling too. although i thought it was funny when he picked Ince up and slammed him to the floor, thuggery is not something Everton get away with (we can barely get away with a tough challenge, i.e. Allan last month) so we need to give the officials no chance at all to red card us.

...i forgot to mention strangling too. although i thought it was funny when he picked Ince up and slammed him to the floor, thuggery is not something Everton get away with (we can barely get away with a tough challenge, i.e. Allan last month) so we need to give the officials no chance at all to red card us.
They don't like us, the whole football establishment, and there's no good reason for it. I think we should play up to that, I don't wish any player any injuries but I had to laugh when Pickford smashed VVD. I think we should play right on the edge of the rules but with what you have said in mind. We can't just go launching into tackles and getting red cards, I'm talking about those really snide and cynical fouls. Roughing up the opposition at corners just before the ball is played etc

I'd be stunned if Blackburn went for him. It's for too big a job for Dunc. Big Punt was a hero of mine but he just isn't managerial material, his tactics are pretty much "get it up there will ya"
fixed it for ya, sausage fingers! i was elated when we sold `Big Punt` far Newcastle and then the cloobs behind Everton went and bought him back. grrrrr

They don't like us, the whole football establishment, and there's no good reason for it. I think we should play up to that, I don't wish any player any injuries but I had to laugh when Pickford smashed VVD. I think we should play right on the edge of the rules but with what you have said in mind. We can't just go launching into tackles and getting red cards, I'm talking about those really snide and cynical fouls. Roughing up the opposition at corners just before the ball is played etc
fair dooz mate. good reply, i agree totally but i believe the establishment vultures have their reasons for keeping us down.

It looks as though Duncan is going to take up a management position at Blackburn.

If he does go, I wish him all the best.

I’ve got some great memories of his time here.
Blackburn is a big job, 8th in the championship and presumably looking upwards. He'd be crazy not to take an opportunity like that with such limited hot seat experience. Would love to see him go for it

I wish Big Dunc every success in whatever he decides to do. That said, managing Blackburn Rovers is a big job and it would not surprise me if he was sacked by Christmas and back at Everton (in some capacity) by the start of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.