Duncan Ferguson Moving On

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be stunned if Blackburn went for him. After a near miss on the play offs I'd imagine they'd be looking for someone a bit more proven.

A genuine talisman during our 'Good times' (W. Kenwright™) but he has twiddled his thumbs far too long if he was serious about forging a career in management.

Despite the kind words from Lampard and others recently joined, it's obvious to anyone with eyes he's not in the gang.

I hope he goes for his own dignities sake, and I hope he's a big success.

i`ll probably be slated for this - i hope he goes, the sooner the better. i never bought into the Big Dunc love-in. i dont want him near Everton, he was a thug and a liability, maybe he was what we deserved at the time. our history/culture is The school of science - not punching opponents left right and centre, thats for those yard-dogs across the park, they can get away with it, we cant and never should settle for thuggery
"Punching opponents left right and centre"

Not sure I recollect Big Dunc regularly knocking seven bells out of opponents. He walked the line of what is fair and what is not, crossed it on more than one occasion but a thug he was not. Perhaps you're just a bit wet.

I'd be stunned if Blackburn went for him. After a near miss on the play offs I'd imagine they'd be looking for someone a bit more proven.

A genuine talisman during our 'Good times' (W. Kenwright™) but he has twiddled his thumbs far too long if he was serious about forging a career in management.

Despite the kind words from Lampard and others recently joined, it's obvious to anyone with eyes he's not in the gang.

I'd be stunned if Blackburn went for him. It's for too big a job for Dunc. Bid Dunc was a hero of mine but he just isn't managerial material, his tactics are pretty much "get it up there will ya"

Yeah, agreed. I think he goes this summer regardless, be delighted for him if he landed on his feet at Blackburn. But yeah tbh top half of the championship is a lot higher up than I thought he’d land his first managerial job, but we’ll see.

i was never a massive fan of him and personally I remember him mostly only turning up for the big games. I also think he should have left once Carlo did as he could then say he has learned from the best. Whether he has hung on because he is in a cushy number, out of fear, or out of genuine loyalty to the club I don't know. However, if he is to leave, I wish him well and hope he has a great career as a manager and that he comes back here as an experienced boss (Frank having gone back to Chelsea having won all he could win with Everton) ;)

….I’d be very surprised if he leaves his comfort zone.
He hardly seems involved though, it might be that he is taking the place of someone like that Anthony Barry that Frank wanted to bring in and Frank is saying he wants him so Dunc has to go, no idea tbh. Frank did say at the end of the season there was change needed.

I'd be stunned if Blackburn went for him. It's for too big a job for Dunc. Bid Dunc was a hero of mine but he just isn't managerial material, his tactics are pretty much "get it up there will ya"
We don't know what his tactics would be really.

He has been in charge a couple of times when Everton were in dire straits and in the process of recruiting a manager.
Duncan had the job of galvanising the team to try to get results. over a very short period when he simply would not have had time to introduce major changes.

We don't know what brand of football he would like his team to play if they had several weeks to prepare.

Status
Not open for further replies.