Drop Arteta?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've needed a top notch holding player for a few years really. I'm almost inclined to think it's the most important position in the team. For us Arteta has shown better form on the flanks but I don't think we have the numbers to be too picky. Osman hasn't been in good form recently and I don't think he really warrants a place at the moment, certainly in the creator position in. Of course, putting Arteta in the middle pins some hope on VDM to make a lazarus style comeback.

We lack options in midfield, and have done for a while.

I think Arteta's gone stale outwide, he simply doesn't produce the form he once did out there. He doesn't look for the ball enough either in a wide position. In the centre he does look for the ball and looks a more effective player.

As much as I'd like to see VDM get a run in the team I don't think he's got the legs anymore. He could be a useful impact player but he won't give you a run of games. He'll just end up getting injured again.

We definatly need a winger aswell. Someone with pace.

I think Arteta's gone stale outwide, he simply doesn't produce the form he once did out there. He doesn't look for the ball enough either in a wide position. In the centre he does look for the ball and looks a more effective player.

As much as I'd like to see VDM get a run in the team I don't think he's got the legs anymore. He could be a useful impact player but he won't give you a run of games. He'll just end up getting injured again.

We definatly need a winger aswell. Someone with pace.

Spot on.

I think he will play in the defensive position for a long time to come. Ideally he would play alongside a ballwinner, but we just don't have that option at the moment if Castillo isn't gonna play. I still think he's excellent in any position.

He hasn't done any amazing passes for a while tho, I miss that. To be fair we only actually did one inventive, unusual pass in the whole game against Villa and that was by Fellaini.

I think he will play in the defensive position for a long time to come. Ideally he would play alongside a ballwinner, but we just don't have that option at the moment if Castillo isn't gonna play. I still think he's excellent in any position.

He hasn't done any amazing passes for a while tho, I miss that. To be fair we only actually did one inventive, unusual pass in the whole game against Villa and that was by Fellaini.

I thought Pienaar showed flair and invention.

I've been loving his contributions this season.

Pienaar's impact on our team is underrated. When he plays, we play.

Rather than having him and Arteta on opposite wings they will be able to link up now which can only be a good thing.

I thought Pienaar showed flair and invention.

I've been loving his contributions this season.

Me too, he adds a whole new dimension to our play. He's more about twisting and turning and nice little touches tho. I was meaning more decisive passes that miss people out. The kind of pass you'd see from say, Manuel Fernandes.

Me too, he adds a whole new dimension to our play. He's more about twisting and turning and nice little touches tho. I was meaning more decisive passes that miss people out. The kind of pass you'd see from say, Manuel Fernandes.

No one in our team can pass like Fernandes bar maybe Yakubu who pulls off the odd hollywood pass.

No one in our team can pass like Fernandes bar maybe Yakubu who pulls off the odd hollywood pass.

Fellaini did one at weekend, no joke. I saw it. It wasn't outrageous, but it was first time with pace round a tight little corner. He's done a few, not many, but a few.

Manuel did write the manual on hollywood passes tho. I wouldn't be surprised if he can put curl on a header.

Can we keep it on topic please, this is about Mikel Arteta, not some 2nd rate watch stealing, bottle throwing clown.

As i said Arteta will shine in the middle, but i do think he needs a defensive minded midfielder alongside him, Fellaini and Cahill are defo not the answer.

Fellaini did one at weekend, no joke. I saw it. It wasn't outrageous, but it was first time with pace round a tight little corner. He's done a few, not many, but a few.

Manuel did write the manual on hollywood passes tho. I wouldn't be surprised if he can put curl on a header.

Which one are we talking about? I remember a pass with the outside of his foot which just got blocked. Would've been a good pass if he'd have pulled it off.

Fernandes had an ex factor about him, we don't have many players like that. Arteta and Van der Meyde are probably the closest we have to players who can pull of pieces of magic.

Can we keep it on topic please, this is about Mikel Arteta, not some 2nd rate watch stealing, bottle throwing clown.

As i said Arteta will shine in the middle, but i do think he needs a defensive minded midfielder alongside him, Fellaini and Cahill are defo not the answer.

Who is the answer then Mr Authority? You?

Status
Not open for further replies.