Don't do it Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because you've been so successful in this tournament before, haven't you?!

We haven't won the FA cup in 21 years now, but I wouldn't be happy with Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid, Dortmund, Juventus etc joining it.

They should be posting on No Mark United's message board with their panties in a wad...not on an Everton forum.

Same reason id rather see us move to kirkby than turn half of l4 into detroit for a decade just to expand goodison like our lovable neighbours
Fans who've spent decades following their local clubs instead of jumping on the sky bandwagon shouldn't have that shat all over because the prem and internationals make more money for the suits

As everton fans we should understand that better than most

Personally, I'm all for it.

The is no guarantee these Prem teams will even progress out their group never mind win the tournament! So what more incentive do these lower league players need than to kick these privileged prem kids & show they aren't in for an easy ride?

This will be more beneficial to the English game if anything, it isn't the 'death of the football league', football league players will have pride in the line against the Prem clubs.

It's an awful idea. The league can't support 92 professional clubs as it is. Maybe they think the presence of man utd B will generate revenue for those lower down the table. Maybe in that sense it's quite a pragmatic move.

Maybe it's a choice of death or JPT glory

If young players need 1st team football to develop then they need it on a consistent basis - a handful of games spread out over 8 months in a completely devalued cup competition does not provide that.

Horrible idea.

If the top clubs are so concerned about playing their young players, then play them. Dont hijack a competition that gives small clubs a realistic chance of playing at Wembley and winning a proper cup.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.