Don't do it Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabscallion

Player Valuation: £50k
Please don't avoid the swear filter
Is this invite to the Johnsons paint trophy the thin end of the wedge and the forerunner of B teams in the football league. The worst most insulting money grabbing idea ever. I do not believe that the premier league teams should do this and fear the worst with this quiet little incursion.Enough Premier League as he says just F%*$ off.

I pretty much agree with all of this article by a Southend supporter. I know what site it's on - the link was sent to me. If you read it don't stray off the page as you'll see things you'll regret!

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2016/...houldnt-compete-in-lower-league-competitions/

Last edited:
Is this invite to the Johnsons paint trophy the thin end of the wedge and the forerunner of B teams in the football league. The worst most insulting money grabbing idea ever. I do not believe that the premier league teams should do this and fear the worst with this quiet little incursion.Enough Premier League as he says just F%*$ off.

I pretty much agree with all of this article by a Southend supporter. I know what site it's on - the link was sent to me. If you read it don't stray off the page as you'll see things you'll regret!

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2016/...houldnt-compete-in-lower-league-competitions/

Don't you mean the thinners end of the wedge.

Thanks mate, but please watch the swears.

I actually think this will be very good for our youth team, but I do understand the concerns of lower league sides.

I'm quite excited by it, should get a chance to tick some new away grounds off. They should have stricter rules on the ages of the prem teams though. Only 6 have to be U21, should be 8 or 9 with all being U23.

Horrible idea.

If the top clubs are so concerned about playing their young players, then play them. Dont hijack a competition that gives small clubs a realistic chance of playing at Wembley and winning a proper cup.

I think it's more that the FA need to find a way to get young English players playing competitive matches so that the national team isn't always completely gash. They've created this mess with the home grown quota, the rich clubs hoard the best young English players and never play them. Now they're desperately trying to fix it. Bliffs.

I think its good for our youth team, actual competitive football against older pros. I don't see a negative for us. Potentially if I supported one of the lower league teams, I might not be happy, as it could have potential to devalue the Johnson's Paint Trophy, but also could be potential be a day out at a premier league ground, albeit half full. :)

I often wondered about that system :

- What happens if the B team got promoted to the top flight?

- Are there any rules preventing playing top players for crunch games?

It does seem to completely devalue lower leagues.

I often wondered about that system :

- What happens if the B team got promoted to the top flight?

- Are there any rules preventing playing top players for crunch games?

It does seem to completely devalue lower leagues.
Simple explanation to the b team bit mate is what is happening in spain.

The B teams over there cannot be promoted into the same league as their A team versions. Hence why Real and Barca B teams are always going to be playing second division football for their existance and why the managers at barca go there befroe moving to the main team.

In cup competitions, look at the arlhelm team of chelsea's. They can do whatever they want yet seem to bottle out of the champions league places every time chelsea are in them themselves.....

I think it's more that the FA need to find a way to get young English players playing competitive matches so that the national team isn't always completely gash. They've created this mess with the home grown quota, the rich clubs hoard the best young English players and never play them. Now they're desperately trying to fix it. Bliffs.
There won't be an issue with playing English/British players when all the foreign imports are forced home a la Brexit.

Status
Not open for further replies.