Don't do it Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple explanation to the b team bit mate is what is happening in spain.

The B teams over there cannot be promoted into the same league as their A team versions. Hence why Real and Barca B teams are always going to be playing second division football for their existance and why the managers at barca go there befroe moving to the main team.

In cup competitions, look at the arlhelm team of chelsea's. They can do whatever they want yet seem to bottle out of the champions league places every time chelsea are in them themselves.....

Arlhelm team of Chelsea's?

Arlhelm team of Chelsea's?
I think they are austrian? They aren't officially part of chelsea but that is where they send half of their academy to and the unspoken rule is that they don't get into the champions league and play against them. that isn't official like but they have certainly bottled title races and whatnot in recent years.

I think they are austrian? They aren't officially part of chelsea but that is where they send half of their academy to and the unspoken rule is that they don't get into the champions league and play against them. that isn't official like but they have certainly bottled title races and whatnot in recent years.
You are thinking of Vitesse.

So it's going to be 16 groups of 4, each with one academy side. Can't help thinking the logical approach would be to not let the academy teams progress beyond the group (ie if they finish top, then 2nd and 3rd would go through).

It's a training exercise first and foremost, but then I guess there'd be little impetus to win if you can't progress.

I think it's more that the FA need to find a way to get young English players playing competitive matches so that the national team isn't always completely gash. They've created this mess with the home grown quota, the rich clubs hoard the best young English players and never play them. Now they're desperately trying to fix it. Bliffs.

how about fixing the league rules so they suit the way English football is played, like during the 90's, instead of the European 'no contact' model

how about fixing the league rules so they suit the way English football is played, like during the 90's, instead of the European 'no contact' model

To be honest I'm not really hooped about international football. I was only giving a reason why I think the FA have let academy teams into the Johnstone Paints Trophy. If Everton have a team with no British players at all but we win the lot I won't be at all bothered.

To be honest I'm not really hooped about international football. I was only giving a reason why I think the FA have let academy teams into the Johnstone Paints Trophy. If Everton have a team with no British players at all but we win the lot I won't be at all bothered.

me either

but i'd love to go back to seeing gobshites like Ronaldo and Eduardo come swanning over here into the phil Neville's and ryan shawcrosses of the English league

I didn't know that.

Money is the root of all evil. Never a truer word....

Status
Not open for further replies.