2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Suppose, but does the 21 year digital assistant have access to the inner workings of the transfer dealings?
Typical Everton really
I don't think that's necessary so long as there's someone with sense giving scheduled content a once-over before it goes live.

"Let's not paint him or Thelwell into a corner. He only has a year left. If they don't agree an extension, he may not be here in September, or July even. Pick another quote from the interview with the media team, yeah?"

Seems to me the problem is probably the absence of a minute or three of daily oversight from someone with more experience.

It's Everton Twitter? They're not Mensa are they. Just probs have it on auto-post anyway after they did the interview before Sheff Utd.

Even for us that would be monumentally tone deaf and stupid like. I still believe that there’s a human being in the media department at the club that would’ve stopped that going out if a deal had been agreed for him to leave.

Suppose, but does the 21 year digital assistant have access to the inner workings of the transfer dealings?
Typical Everton really

They should do yeah, if they’re running the official club media. Anyway why would some random pleb on a forum know about the inner workings of our transfers but someone in our media department wouldn’t?

I honestly dont think DCL or Branners would be replaced.

I think Beto, Maupay and Chermo will take up the DCL slack and Holgate/Keane/Godfrey will take up the Branners slack.

Onana would have to be replaced due to our lack of CMs.

Prove me wrong Everton, PLEASE.
None of that lot would score enough goals, honestly would sooner Beto was moved on and Deffo Maupay.
Recipe for disaster .

Even for us that would be monumentally tone deaf and stupid like. I still believe that there’s a human being in the media department at the club that would’ve stopped that going out if a deal had been agreed for him to leave.

They'll just schedule content week's in advance. I don't think they'd care to put out an interview thousands of people have already ready anyway even if if he does go.

Not that the rumours are from anywhere credible.

Plus the interview doesn't talk about his future at all.

I don't think that's necessary so long as there's someone with sense giving scheduled content a once-over before it goes live.

"Let's not paint him or Thelwell into a corner. He only has a year left. If they don't agree an extension, he may not be here in September, or July even. Pick another quote from the interview with the media team, yeah?"

Seems to me the problem is probably the absence of a minute or three of daily oversight from someone with more experience.
Seems to close to joined up thinking, and well run organisation to me

As each day passes with no credible sources mentioning DCL leaving then I think a new deal gets more likely. I think the club were not really in a position to negotiate new contracts until survival was assured and the season finished.
I expect most of the players are away on holidays at the moment so there won't be much happening until they get back.

I think if a deal was in place with Newcastle for DCL that already would be in the public domain.