2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dry up mate. Panic signings or Frank's last signings. Neither would've sufficed. Imagine the fume if we'd gone for a Wieghorst type. This entire fanbase is deluded. Remember Tosun and Niasse. Panic buys getting us deep in the mire. Dyche will sort. He's got no choice.
Tosun and niasse scored some valuable goals that first season tho long term they where rubbish like

The Arsenal game followed by the derby showed beyond a shadow of a doubt that Dom is important for more than just goals. Especially when the other options can't do any of what he does
Agree, but Dom has proven unreliable, and we didn't buy a like for like replacement, so the system will have to change. You can't put Simms or Maupay up front and have them play like Dom.we have to assume Dom is done for the foreseeable future and figure out how to win without him.

Now whats the matter with him?

Of all the games I wish he was available for its Leeds on Sat as I think its 3 from the current bottom 3+ plus Leeds that will be relegated

Not being available is a big big blow for this game as he is the best we have when he's actually available.

Sell and replace asap
He has a tight hamstring mate it was said after the Arsenal game not sure why people are surprised. The rumour is four weeks. I get the frustration but blame the club for not having any quality players who can come in and play his role.

Be interesting to see what percentage of games he has been available for over the past 2 seasons. Selling a Brazilian international striker and leaving Dominic Calvert-Lewin to lead our attack pretty much on his own is laughably bad mismanagement.
We go down its that will send us down

The club needs to be cut throat with these sort of players. Calvert Lewin had a great patch during COVID (No Crowds). Before that he scored 11 goals in 3 seasons (PL only). Young or not thats a dreadful return for a forward. Now he has scored 6 goals in his last two seasons and has had an injury ridden career. Good riddance, bring in someone like Muani or Di Maria who is out of contract in the summer. Stop giving these players who are just collecting paychecks new contracts! Its baffling. He will never reach the heights he reached in COVID, hes not that good.
Welcome to a decision they should have made two seasons a go in terms of bringing in a reliable front man and if Dom gets fit then it's a bonus. But no

From a scan apparently showing nothing was wrong, to an undetermined period of time out. It seems like the lad has some serious issues, unfortunately. Hope he’s getting the support he needs.

Simply astonishing a replacement (not “cover”) wasn’t secured in the summer, nevermind January. Just the worst run club imaginable.

Forget DCL. Need to make best use of what we have which isn’t much but we have no alternative. I think we will need a lot of luck, terrible form from our relegation rivals or an unexpected hero to step out of the shadows and score some goals. Not looking good

Status
Not open for further replies.