2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Further proof that he's consistently played through injuries for this club yet the same faces will have go at the player rather than the complete ineptitude of the club to protect him and provide a proper alternative

The club are doing a speed-run in devaluing one of their most valuable assets

He had all of last season off.

It's heads, shoulders, knees and toes with him

Further proof that he's consistently played through injuries for this club yet the same faces will have go at the player rather than the complete ineptitude of the club to protect him and provide a proper alternative

The club are doing a speed-run in devaluing one of their most valuable assets
Spot on.

The same old chumps on the thread who absolutely revel in posting bile about the lad would never countenance that he might not be 100%. The club have managed him poorly IMO.

He has barely played in the last 15 months. I'm not sure I can understand the argument that this is the club's fault for making him play through injuries. At some point the only way you know if your body can cope with the intensity of matches, is by playing matches.

We just need to accept that he is now a bit part player and he will get injured a lot if we start him any time he is fit. We will get far more out of him by relying on him far less.

It's awful luck for the player. I've never heard of someone hurting a hamstring and shoulder at the same time. But we knew another run of injuries was very possible, if not probable, so not acting last summer to sign a replacement, was a huge error of judgement and one that could cost us in May.

DCL preparation for Wolves game progressing as expected ;)

8bhF.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.