2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonder would the decreased pressure of being a back up striker help him next season.
Could come on for last half hour or where needed and if struggling sit out a couple.
Might help if he is struggling psychologically to regain confidence in his body.
I'd say the decreased pressure of having an adequate stand-in for him would be enough

Like dcl, thankful for what he’s done but if we have solid back ups in place cant help but feel he he could be on our sell list

It’s not working

We don't need another striker to cover for him, we need 2. He really shouldn't be counted on to contribute. If he gets fit, that's fantasti but he is currently broken. How does someone leave a match in January with a slight pull and be out for 4 months? Plan on not having him otherwise we'll be right back in the mire should the "replacement" have any sort of issue.

I’m convinced his issues are purely psychological. I wish him well, I really do.

He’s a cracking lad when on form.
I used to think that but I think it’s his body from this all action battling style he’s been playing as a loan striker

He went off at half time against City because he felt something and then in a game where he was really fighting and looked like he would pick up a goal he went down and his face said it all

I think he has a top elite sportsperson mentality but his body is letting him down time and time again

Really needs to move on try and get him fit and make available for transfer let him be someone else’s problem he’s become another Mina good when available but not available enough needs to go was fed up of him last season it’s clear he can’t stay fit and to be paying someone wages to sit on the treatment table when they could go towards his replacement is stupid.

I don't think CA will be at Real himself never mind trying to sign DCL.
However, DCL did wonderfully well under Carlo and I would guess there will be plenty of managers prepared to take a risk at a moderate fee for Calvert -Lewin.
If he was managed carefully and not flogged to death in every single game his injury problems may lessen.
When fit he is a seriously good player and just now reaching his peak.

Status
Not open for further replies.