2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody is paying 100 million for him Joey…. He may be worth that to us but I would be pleasantly surprised if someone were to pay that much for him.
The thing with this is he’s a full England international he’s at an age where he is continually improving and with now taking penalties he could become a 20 plus goal a season striker. They are few and far between in the premier league so it’s not a ridiculous thought by any stretch of the imagination

Come back Dom we need you
I’m ready lads.
1634160275221.jpeg

We have , but as I say I feel he is more important to us and the way we now play than to others. I could obviously be wrong.
That's how the transfer market has become so inflated though.

Teams in the PL didn't need money (or, in most cases, they didn't) desperately enough to sell a player for any less than their valuation of said player, and that valuation is, depending on the contract situation, based on what they are worth to said club.

Like when we bid for Zaha, and he had four years left on his deal or whatever. To Palace, he was worth £70m or whatever. Never a £70m player, but they didn't need to sell.

When a player gets into the last two years of the deal, things become more realistic, which is why most players leave clubs around that time.

Of course Dom isn't a £100m player, but neither is Jack Grealish. Dom probably isn't really an £80m player, but there's no way we'd accept anything less for him, given his deal isn't up until 2025.

That's how the transfer market has become so inflated though.

Teams in the PL didn't need money (or, in most cases, they didn't) desperately enough to sell a player for any less than their valuation of said player, and that valuation is, depending on the contract situation, based on what they are worth to said club.

Like when we bid for Zaha, and he had four years left on his deal or whatever. To Palace, he was worth £70m or whatever. Never a £70m player, but they didn't need to sell.

When a player gets into the last two years of the deal, things become more realistic, which is why most players leave clubs around that time.

Of course Dom isn't a £100m player, but neither is Jack Grealish. Dom probably isn't really an £80m player, but there's no way we'd accept anything less for him, given his deal isn't up until 2025.
This is it really. We wont well unless it’s an eye watering offer because we don’t have to.

He strikes me that his style is a bit of a throwback to 70’s 80’s strikers. Doesn’t really fit the modern pass it to death style. It’s why he doesn’t quite fit this current England team, but ironically would have offered them something very different on Tuesday.

With Kane’s form having dropped off a cliff, he could get more opportunities with England. However, I doubt they will adapt their play to accommodate him.

As we all know football only began in 1992, I assume that Lukaku is our record premier League goalscorer. As I can't be bothered to go and look these things up, how many has DCL got now?

Status
Not open for further replies.