2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh look, “2-3 weeks” out has turned into 6 and counting. The Everton medical staff have pulled it out of the bag yet again, how do they keep doing it?
Said same for Richy and he’s been out a week less, hell Dom had been working with the injury for 2-3 weeks before that

Said same for Richy and he’s been out a week less, hell Dom had been working with the injury for 2-3 weeks before that

Honestly couldn’t say with any confidence that he’ll be back before the next international break. We don’t get told a carrot about these things, and god knows what those buffoons on our physio team have been doing to him in the time he’s been out.

Honestly couldn’t say with any confidence that he’ll be back before the next international break. We don’t get told a carrot about these things, and god knows what those buffoons on our physio team have been doing to him in the time he’s been out.
I mean Benitez himself said both were close but not quite there at his presser yesterday, I’d be very surprised if neither of them were in the squad for Watford next week

I mean Benitez himself said both were close but not quite there at his presser yesterday, I’d be very surprised if neither of them were in the squad for Watford next week

That’s not saying anything though is it. We are kept in the dark as fans about all of this stuff. Would be absolutely gobsmacked if either of them started against Watford.

That’s not saying anything though is it. We are kept in the dark as fans about all of this stuff. Would be absolutely gobsmacked if either of them started against Watford.
Richy was training in the video posted the other day, Dom may have been doing gym work, it could be as simple as this game being that bit soon and another week’s training should do

This is such a common take here, but it’s totally divorced from reality. They have no control over how quickly he or any other player heals. It’s like blaming the weatherman for the weather.

This is such a common take here, but it’s totally divorced from reality. They have no control over how quickly he or any other player heals. It’s like blaming the weatherman for the weather.
Exactly, DCL has a broken toe. Speed that up??
The medica team decisions are whether to rush people back when they are not ready and risk longer term consequences.

Maybe they are being extra careful. Too many times we've rushed a player back early and they either pick up another injury or look miles off the pace. I would rather him miss this week and come back all guns blaring. The reason we get dangles a carrott early in the week is to keep the opponents guessing. West Ham will have different plans now he's not playing but earlier in the week they would have had to prepare for both scenarios.

Status
Not open for further replies.