2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything north of £50 million for him would be a very good return on a player we paid so little for. Hell £30 million would. And a genuine change from no resell value on player purchases of recent times.

I really like the lad, but I'm not sure if he has too much more of a ceiling. Being our no. 9 might be the peak of his career. I've said that before and he's kicked on though, so I'll shush.

Hes worth far more than £50mil to the club.

Unless theres a £100mil offer and we can sign a replacement who is deemed superior or potentially world class then its madness.

…it’s a really good point about having to buy in an equally effective replacement.

RS sold Torres and signed Suarez and Carrol.

We would need to find ourselves a Suarez...but if DCL is happy, on a long contract and were around the top 4 places in a year or two then he may well stay.

The only place id see him going is to Man Utd when Ronaldo leaves.

…never sure what posters mean when they say a ‘Champions League Club’, given the likes of Rangers & Celtic qualify every season.

Regardless, watching the Champions League final last season, it struck me how both Chelsea and City would improve with DCL in those teams. Chelsea have bought Lukaku since, but City at times look like they need a focal point in central attack.

I can see DCL being in of interest from top clubs here and abroad now. I doubt Arsenal or Spurs would particularly interest him, but City would certainly have got a more effective acquisition had they purchased DCL over Grealish and the same can be said with United and Sancho.
Think city will get Haaland myself. Although DCL would fit in well in that side.

Hes worth far more than £50mil to the club.

Unless theres a £100mil offer and we can sign a replacement who is deemed superior or potentially world class then its madness.

RS sold Torres and signed Suarez and Carrol.

We would need to find ourselves a Suarez...but if DCL is happy, on a long contract and were around the top 4 places in a year or two then he may well stay.

The only place id see him going is to Man Utd when Ronaldo leaves.
Ah, talking to me today Zac? Good lad.

This lad will either leave because his head gets turned or a big offer (£100m +) comes in for him. Hopefully we have enough about us to extend his contract and pay him what other 20 goal a season strikers get paid to avoid the head turning, if a massive offer comes in then fair enough. All players in all teams have their price.

Any idea if him and Richy are back for Sunday?
Surely Richi is if he was already training before the break, which he was. There was no sign of DCL a week ago, so I reckon it will be touch and go for him. Maybe err on the side of caution and give him another week.

Pickford, Coleman, Mina, Keane, Godfrey, Allan, Doucouré, Townsend, Gray, Richi, Rondon.

Was desperately trying to find a different option than Rondon, but all I had was Gomes or Davies, and home against West Ham isn't the game for them when we need to be winning it.

Surely Richi is if he was already training before the break, which he was. There was no sign of DCL a week ago, so I reckon it will be touch and go for him. Maybe err on the side of caution and give him another week.

Pickford, Coleman, Mina, Keane, Godfrey, Allan, Doucouré, Townsend, Gray, Richi, Rondon.

Was desperately trying to find a different option than Rondon, but all I had was Gomes or Davies, and home against West Ham isn't the game for them when we need to be winning it.
from the last training videos (not the last one but the one before) DCL was seen outside training individually while Richarlison was only seen in the gym on his own social media. So if i would take a guess i see DCL return quicker

Clearly can see his class with him being out. Top class centre forward very good at winning 1v1 duels, hold up play, pressing ect as well as being a decent goal scorer must keep in my opinion we have out a lot of time in him we need at least two seasons of reward

Status
Not open for further replies.