2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's why Frank wants broja, but it's not looking good, can't think of any one else in that mould .
The will be loads out there in France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Holland, Belgium etc. We need to getting these players before prem teams do. It’s cheaper.

But who buys a player that is injured mate?

For a smart poster which you clearly are you do this a lot.

Say a player is crap/injured etc, but then act like they're easy to flog?

If we'd have put DCL up for sale, then clubs would have looked at his medical records and lowballed us. We wouldn't have been getting £50m for him - if your theory here is correct.

FWIW, Dom said just this week how great he's felt, how sharp he's felt etc. It's a huge hammer blow.
He wasnt injured until today presumably but they will have had some idea what the long term prognosis is. There would have been offers, not enormous ones, but still sizeable ones. I reckon someone like Newcastle would even now be willing to offer 25 or 30m

He wasnt injured until today presumably but they will have had some idea what the long term prognosis is. There would have been offers, not enormous ones, but still sizeable ones. I reckon someone like Newcastle would even now be willing to offer 25 or 30m
Yesterday, apparently, and sent for scans today.

I don't think we should have been willing to sell our only remaining goalscorer for £25m

Come on mate

This is a huge blow, it really is. Everton needed a striker anyway, but now we need a striker even moreso. They should have already been in, they have been trying but clearly they haven't tried hard enough. This is where we're at.

In the meantime, it's probably gonna have to be Dele up top on Saturday.

DCL was signed for £1.5 millions 4 years ago - could have sold him for £45-50 million and signed 2-3 attacking players and stayed within FFP limits.

The manager has dropped a bollock listening to our inept medical team instead of seeing with his own eyes that DCL is likely finished as someone who can play 30+ games a season.
Blaming the manager for an injury, and for having his best player sold, is an interesting take. Even with your obvious agenda against the manager, this is a bit ridiculous.

Stop trying to sell our only striker up to standard!!! We need more goals not less

Is that the same one and only striker that we had between 2018 and end of last season who played 16 more games than DCL but only scored 4 more goals?

so sham player with a better goals to games ratio than the 'one and only striker' in the same time period.

Have a horlicks and take some time off writing bobbins for an evening.
Yes, because scoring bals was thne onlyh thing Richarlison did.

If we never had Richarlison last season we'd be playing Millwall, Cardiff and the other no marks this season.

Blaming the manager for an injury, and for having his best player sold, is an interesting take. Even with your obvious agenda against the manager, this is a bit ridiculous.

Who's doing that?

I'm blaming the manager for not seeing that quad injury has done a number on his main striker / saleable asset at a time we're snookered by FFP and not putting him in the shop window for the limited time he was "fit" in pre season but instead decides to build the team around him (which is as wise as someone building a defence around Mina).

As you said yourself - someone like Newcastle would have been all over an england international CF and we could have had the dough to replace both Dom and Richy.

Instead its Dele up top until King Salaman serves his suspension with no money to spend.

Dave, Im just going to say this pretty bluntly. As someone who dealt with mental problems last year and has broken bones in the past, I would rather break every [Poor language removed] bone in my body than deal with the mental problems. You have no concept of what he was going through as everyone is different but don't ever minimize what someone is dealing with in their own head. It's beyond terrifying.
How does that follow on from what I said?

Really?

Genuinely chuckling at people thinking that @The Bobble posting info is compromising Everton.

It all makes sense now

Cupace20220802211501.png

Status
Not open for further replies.