2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, what's sad is some attention seeker leaking team news + transfer info to the detriment of the club, and charging for it.
How is leaking team news five mins before the club a detriment? Same with transfers, every club, literally every one, has people that get scoops on potential targets, that’s just how football is these days. Before the age of social media that stuff was put on pay to hear phone lines

Still weird. It's going to come out sooner or later. Papers will probably pick it up today or tomorrow anyway.
How? The media hasn't gotten anything out the club that they didn't want out there for years now. All we'd have got is Lampard at his press conference saying DCL wasn't available for Chelsea but surely not elaborating much.

I agree 100% with him. I said the other the day that the d-head should be more responsible about what he leaks out, if he does geniunely get real secret info (which I do doubt), because it can put the club squarely a back foot. He came out of the woodwork and proceeded to tell me what a top fella he was, about how he sorted about 20 people out for tickets and he just passes along infornation to fellow blues, yardy yardy yada. If DCL is out for a pro-longed period and everybody now knows it clubs are going to have us over a barrel because we'll now be more desperate than ever for a striker.

He's probably lurking in here like the insecure bell he is, along with his cultist, weirdo disciples. (Four-letter word)

Has he leaked that your partner is leaving you or something?

What injury does he have now? Do you know?

Or are you pulling things out of your arse since you have as much info as the rest of us?

Even if it isn't related that quad injury kept him out most of last season through constant flare ups / niggles and supposedly was the "precaution" that led to him missing one of the pre seasons games.

Its a problem.

Without the 50m using that analogy you are left with nothing to replace 10-15 goals mate and hoping the 50m asset doesn't break down.

So if it's bad we have zero money to replace 20-30 goals in the situ.

Which option is more risk in reality given the extent of the DCL injury last season.
But you have to have someone willing to pay £50m - nobody was, at least not at the start of the summer.

We don't know what this injury is. It could be completely different to the one he had last year. It could be the same, we don't know.

I don't think anybody made that bid though mate.

A team will only bid if they get an initial positive response from behind the scenes talk with the club / his reps.

If Lampard wants him to stay and DCL is happy to stay no one is going to throw in a bid publically for it to be rebuffed mate.

Like the Cornet situation - talks will have no doubt gone on behind scenes as he's already supposedly agreed personal terms with the club prior to a bid even going in !

As footie fans we are brainwashed by the media / transfer talk to think everything plays oot in the public eye.

I thought it would have been a risk to also sell DCL but I didnt have the medical information available. If there were concerns about his fitness he should have been made available for sale.

Having a consistently injured centre forward as your only hope for a decent season is a lot riskier than selling that player and reinvesting in 1 or 2 replacements.

This is not bad luck. I keep reading that but its not true. To be one single injury away from a crisis that could easily result in relegation is absolutely pathetic and the hierarchy of the club deserve not one single excuse. The running of the club continues to be utterly shambolic.

Why would anyone want to manage this club? The people above you will give you no help whatsoever
But who buys a player that is injured mate?

For a smart poster which you clearly are you do this a lot.

Say a player is crap/injured etc, but then act like they're easy to flog?

If we'd have put DCL up for sale, then clubs would have looked at his medical records and lowballed us. We wouldn't have been getting £50m for him - if your theory here is correct.

FWIW, Dom said just this week how great he's felt, how sharp he's felt etc. It's a huge hammer blow.

The more he gets injured the better people this he was/is hes nothing special and we should of cashed in before he is known on the scene as a absolute sick note

Get cornet and Dennis and flog DCL when fit, to get the money back. He's becoming a liability.
And therein lies the problem, the world and his uncle may well now be getting the message he’s got issues when it comes to keeping himself fit enough for anyone else to invest big money in him!

Status
Not open for further replies.