2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
In normal circumstances mate no I wouldn't want to sell them

But when one has to go it should have been the one with massive concerns about his durability.

Obviously Richy was going so it's not a case of us choosing which went

Then with the funds from that sale nit effectively bring available to replace.

The question is how do you replace those goals whilst having the real possibility/probability that your only other goalscorer could also easily go down.

Answer is sell him and use those funds to do so / or attempt to do something.

As it is now we have the real possibility of having no cf at the club. Because we crossed our fingers and hoped something fragile wouldn't break.

For the worth he had he was worth more to sell to reinvest then to keep and hope
But selling our other main striker would have just left us needing to replace two goalscorers rather than one mate.

So say we had £50m extra to spend, but we'd have to spend that on two players who we'd hoped would be sure-fire guarantees of 10-15 goals each a season, and ones that would want to play for us without paying stupid wages?

Sick of hearing the excuses for the way this club is run. Going into a season with one forward(an injury prone one last season at that) of required level is scandalous but typical of the way this club is mismanaged.
Where have I made any excuses?

I'm just stating it as it is mate. That's not an excuse.

...or maybe it's time we replaced our one and only striker, Richarlison, while we still can?

Is that the same one and only striker that we had between 2018 and end of last season who played 16 more games than DCL but only scored 4 more goals?

so sham player with a better goals to games ratio than the 'one and only striker' in the same time period.

Have a horlicks and take some time off writing bobbins for an evening.

------‐----------------dele alli‐------------------
Gray---iwobi----mcneil----gordon
-----------------------gueye------------------

Swap gueye and doucoure if not ready(or even signed)

I dont mind dele alli as a floating number 9. I think he does it quite well. Let him float. Drop off. Get runners.
We're gona bamboozle the chelsea defence as they wont know who to mark or pick up....

Everton 0 - 5 Chelsea.

But selling our other main striker would have just left us needing to replace two goalscorers rather than one mate.

So say we had £50m extra to spend, but we'd have to spend that on two players who we'd hoped would be sure-fire guarantees of 10-15 goals each a season, and ones that would want to play for us without paying stupid wages?

Without the 50m using that analogy you are left with nothing to replace 10-15 goals mate and hoping the 50m asset doesn't break down.

So if it's bad we have zero money to replace 20-30 goals in the situ.

Which option is more risk in reality given the extent of the DCL injury last season.

I thought it would have been a risk to also sell DCL but I didnt have the medical information available. If there were concerns about his fitness he should have been made available for sale.

Having a consistently injured centre forward as your only hope for a decent season is a lot riskier than selling that player and reinvesting in 1 or 2 replacements.

This is not bad luck. I keep reading that but its not true. To be one single injury away from a crisis that could easily result in relegation is absolutely pathetic and the hierarchy of the club deserve not one single excuse. The running of the club continues to be utterly shambolic.

Why would anyone want to manage this club? The people above you will give you no help whatsoever

Those saying we should sell DCL, and thinking we’d get decent money at this point, are a bit deluded. Our opportunity to cash in on him was the start of last season, since when he’s been injured for the vast majority of the time. Probably could have blagged £50m this time last year, lucky to get much more than £20m now.

Status
Not open for further replies.