2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think 60 million in the summer would be a fair deal all-round, I can see him wanting to go regardless. Only really Arsenal or Chelsea that seem a good fit at the moment.

I like him, but he's not the deadly finisher we desperately need. Neither is Richarlison, to be honest. I know at least one of them is off this summer, Richarlison in my opinion, so my question would be are we able to have a massive squad revamp if we sell the pair of them for, say, 100m, and use the freed-up cash from wages saved on the likes of Tosun, Delph, Sigurdsson, Kenny? Plus if we are somehow able to sell a couple of Gomes, Iwobi, Holgate, Keane, Rondon, etc, that would give us even more wiggle room. Seeing as I have absolutely no affiliation or genuine liking for any of our players, I couldn't care less who is sold so long as it leads to us getting stronger.

Let's guesstimate at £100m in fees generated and £20m saved in wages if we sell Richarlison and DCL and don't keep any of those who are out of contract in the summer.

Lob in wages from say Gomes and Holgate, at about 4m a year, and maybe £15-20m if we can offload the pair.

That's quite a lot of money for a nice squad rebuild, provided the owner is willing to give some funds on top of that as well.

Last edited:
If a big bid comes in during the summer then we will probably need to sell. But we absolutely can't afford to sell him this weekend.

An acceptable offer is going to be at least 60m, and slightly more if you ask me. I'd be looking for closer to 70m. His value to us is far more than his market value, but it's a seller's market.

Happily sell in the Summer. I've mentioned it before, we need to start looking at things differently. We have this desire to keep players forever.

Stop buying players from big clubs, the only way is down. Focus on hungry players who want to use us as a stepping stone. Have them help us and sell for a big profit. Buy in 2 or 3 more with that money, rinse and repeat. Each time, we're not having FFP troubles and we're seen as a club who develops players and helps them get the dream move.

A team full of players who want to show what they can do is far away from what we currently have.

I don’t blame him wanting a move because he can definitely do better than us in our current form and it’s a World Cup year

Those who are actually happy to see him go and are essentially rushing him out the door are absolutely mental and blinkered beyond belief though

Replacing him is going to be as difficult as it was to replace Lukaku, if not more difficult considering how our standing in the game has fallen since Rom left

Shouldn't take less than £200 million on the basis of

player value = £50m
skirt merchandise sales = £150m

+ £10m addons for hair bands merchandise if worn for more than 20 games next season

.. I am actually a fan so hope he doesn't leave!

Don't think Lampard will sell him, reckon he'll see Richie as the expendable commodity and will sell him to build the team around Dom. Much harder to find a #9 like Dom than it is to find a player like Rich, as good as he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.