2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were they the jeans/pants made my prisoners in Liverpool? Swear I remember my dad telling me about some clobber prisoners made that was sought after.
No mate, they were made on the premises , upstairs in a shop on Walton rd next block along from the half way house pub.
Used to be the favourite shop for dockers, and early skinheads in the 60's , white bib and brace being a favourite for the local ones when I was growing up
With spray painted boots.
My mates sister worked in there and they had a little side line of copying any make of jeans you wanted, we couldnt afford the real things and there wasnt any copy cats from the far East at the time. or just a little bit different red stitches instead of yellow. Ect.
They got fashionable again later on for a while as well,funny enough when bib and brace came back into style , worn with a rugby type top and kickers.
Fashion used to change very quickly in those days.

I wonder how relaxed the reaction would be if it were Gylfi, Alex Iwobi or Mason wearing the outfit?

There’s a certain irony (and a healthy dose of stereotying) that it’s ‘fat old Da’s’ who need to accept people’s clothing, sexuality and general giddiness.....surely the fat old Da’s are allowed to express themselves too in such liberal times.
I take your point but tbf the first on your list is bit of a provocative choice to illustrate.

I don’t think anyone is threatened or upset. Some people saying he looks daft. I mean he’s dressed like a schoolgirl and has a pink handbag, so I think that’s a valid opinion.
I think a lot of folk will be threatened and upset.

That's separate to having a particular sartorial perspective and preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.