2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great goal tonight. I would love to see more of that variety from him. He is the best threat in the league with his head, but the one missing thing are strikes from outside of the six yard box. Very glad we have King to bring in, but we will very much miss his physicality up top if he's out for more than a game. I want to see him wear down Liverpool's 'center backs' the way he did to United's.

“It looks like he tweaked his hamstring. We’re not quite sure.

“It could be a wee bit of trouble for him.”

Duncan's words, ominously walked straight down the tunnel to get it looked at properly, ice applied and the swelling down I presume. Almost certainly a tweak but playing him with a suspect hammy will be asking for worse.

Trying to be realistic rather than just optimistic, he'll almost certainly miss Fulham, City and the Derby minimum I would think - that's only a week Saturday, could also miss Southampton and Chelsea, but these two are far more realistic targets. With half a season to go it would be stupid taking massive risks.

Although it would be unbelievable and means far more to everyone, management, fans and players to beat Liverpool, three points against the likes of West Brom are worth just as much in the table

Great to see us get through in the end but what a cost to our ambitions in the league!

If DCL not Fit, I want Dunc leading the line against the RS!

See if they dare try to crock James in the opening minutes.....if he's fit.

Indeed his 50th last night according to Phil Mcnulty's write up.

The more impressive stat is that over half (26) of those have come under Carlo, and about 60% since Silva was sacked. That's 14 months ago, and with an enforced break due to a pandemic. All being well, he will be our top PL scorer at some point, and hopefully go way past Lukaku's record.

We need to get him right and rested up as quickly as possible.

Never a good sign when they say hammy but as others mentioned seem to be fine and smiling etc so hopefully they just weren't taking any chances.

Never a good sign when they say hammy but as others mentioned seem to be fine and smiling etc so hopefully they just weren't taking any chances.

I wouldn't necessarily read anything into his body language. He's a proper team player and he's just watched his mates pull off a big win. He's going to be happy even if he's feeling really sore.

That said, I really hope it's very minor and he only misses 1 or 2 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.