2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't necessarily read anything into his body language. He's a proper team player and he's just watched his mates pull off a big win. He's going to be happy even if he's feeling really sore.

That said, I really hope it's very minor and he only misses 1 or 2 games.

its not so much his body language but the ease with which he walked which gives some clue as to potential seriousness. There was no great discernible hobble and walked off unaided.

Having a scan on his hammy this afternoon according to SSN
Yep, which is nothing unusual, people are having a panic thinking this scan means its very bad, its a scan that is always done on this type of thing, hopefully its not to bad, Lewin maybe played it safe now knowing what he thinks a hamstring feels like, after playing with it v west ham not knowing with never suffering one before

Three weeks is a grade 1-2 tear, I think it unlikely he'd be walking so freely with that tbh, maybe hobbling badly would be more normal with a tear.

You can never tell without scans so it's only speculation, we'll have to wait until Carlo's pre Fulham presser for any chance of something more definite. I would guess he's tweaked it which would definitely rule out Fulham, possibly City and Liverpool too if we're sensible, but the pressure to manage rather than rest it properly could means he may play earlier than he really should.

Muscle injuries are hard to predict as you say - Wilson walked off the pitch for Newcastle recently and scans have shown he's had a partial tear and out for 8 weeks whereas looking at it you would have thought just a minor strain/pull.

Hopefully the lads alright we need the troops back.

Status
Not open for further replies.