2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

He was an absolute beast from when he scored until he went off. Spurs couldn’t live with him. A goal, an assist and won the penalty.
And struck a post. He was a real handful for their centre backs all night. Comparisons with Graeme Sharp are obvious, but at times last night he reminded me of Drogba. He’s such a powerful unit and is adding more to his game all the time. The flick to Richarlison for the assist was sublime, something he probably didn’t have in his game last year.

And struck a post. He was a real handful for their centre backs all night. Comparisons with Graeme Sharp are obvious, but at times last night he reminded me of Drogba. He’s such a powerful unit and is adding more to his game all the time. The flick to Richarlison for the assist was sublime, something he probably didn’t have in his game last year.

Wasnt a bad tap in neither.

Was telling when Mourinho fist bumped him as he left the pitch. Say what you want about the fella, but he recognises a top striker when he sees one.

England are so lucky with their forward options going into the euros. Kane, DCL, Foden, Sterling, Sancho and Grealish is some attacking force. Still have my doubts as to whether Southgate is the best man to utilise those talents though.
When you list it like that it’s some serious firepower...but you’re right, there’s no way Gareth knows what to do with those options. It’ll be a back five, consisting of three right backs, two defensive midfielders and a massive gap to the front three who’ll be completely isolated and starved of any service/support. Gareth will then try to convince the nation that 523 is an attacking formation and scratch his head as to why the forwards can’t take their club form to the international stage...

Status
Not open for further replies.