2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Runs around all game including picking up a ball well in our own half (when he should be fifty yards up the pitch). I would hate to be him and Richy, making runs for 90 minutes and no midfielder having the guts to give them a pass.

It must be hard not to give up but I'm sure they think I'm not dropping my standards to the level of the midfield

Maybe he’s just not very good, and he had a purple patch. We’ve seen it before...

The problem people have with Dom is that they think he's only played well if he's scored but don't apply said logic to Richarlison.

He didn't score many last season but from that Feb run onwards he was brilliant and a massive part of the teams turnaround.

Last edited:
The problem people have is with Dom is that they think he's only played well if he's scored but don't apply said logic to Richarlison.

He didn't score many last season but from that Feb run onwards he was brilliant and a massive part of the teams turnaround.
Soooo a purple patch for a couple months? And if you really think Dom is even close to the same level as Rich as an overall footballer then you’re without saving.

Dom has had a fine season. But it’s very fair for people to start asking questions again as hes a striker with essentially 3 months of quality production in his career to this point.

The problem people have is with Dom is that they think he's only played well if he's scored but don't apply said logic to Richarlison.

I think in some cases that's fair because Richarlison, even if he doesn't score, is offering more than Dom.

Dom can't run with the ball and get us up the pitch like Richarlison does. With us not playing 4-5-1 anymore he isn't being expected to hold the ball up as much which is one of the strengths to his game but we aren't seeing much from him at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.