2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Works hard and has gotten better at getting himself into goal scoring positions but his all round game doesn´t help the team. You roll the ball into Martial or Rashford´s feet they get it on the half turn and try to instigate something. DCL will control and lay it back. It´s just very easy for a defence to play against.

So the only games he's played well in this season have been those in which he's scored?

That's the issue I'm having.
No, just a lot of the games where he hasn't scored he hasn't had as much of an impact on the game like he was doing last year playing as a lone striker.

We were far more reliant on him to hold the ball up for us last year. If he wasn't on it then the whole team was suffering because we couldn't hold the ball long enough to get into the final third. This year him and Richarlison are giving each other options to play it behind the defenders so we don't need to hold onto the ball as long up top because they have that option to play it to each other.

I’ve noticed as well with Richarlison being the sort of ST/CF in the team Dom seems to be the furthest up the pitch, but he’s also the one Pickford boots it too. Who’s he flicking it on to if he’s the furthest up the pitch? I think they maybe need to switch positions.

Not good enough Championship standard at best cant finish can’t pass never attacks the ball and people who say our midfield his crap so he never gets any chances watch his movement and positionally play cos it’s awful even the most creative midfield player would struggle to pick him out for a pass.Also to say he doesn’t get any chances what about the away games at Chelsea Arsenal and United at Home got 1 point a decent striker minimum 4 points so he does get plenty of chances but can’t finish them .

Not good enough Championship standard at best cant finish can’t pass never attacks the ball and people who say our midfield his crap so he never gets any chances watch his movement and positionally play cos it’s awful even the most creative midfield player would struggle to pick him out for a pass.Also to say he doesn’t get any chances what about the away games at Chelsea Arsenal and United at Home got 1 point a decent striker minimum 4 points so he does get plenty of chances but can’t finish them .
That’s apart from the 15 times he has finished them in all competitions this season is it?

He can't win can he, No matter what he does.

Don't use right I think he has got pace I think he needs to be running on to balls not just standing up there waiting to try and win a header.these lockdown games have done him no favours but just think if he's used right he could be a goodin

We have 2 Strikers who have both hit double figures.

I cant think of the last time that happened.

And people still arent happy.
It's probably the only positive thing about our season Dom and Richarlison and it isn't enough, I don't get it. Whatever happens the lad deserves to be starting for us next season simple as.

Status
Not open for further replies.