2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem people have is with Dom is that they think he's only played well if he's scored but don't apply said logic to Richarlison.

He didn't score many last season but from that Feb run onwards he was brilliant and a massive part of the teams turnaround.

Since the Watford game in Feb, the two of them combined have only scored 7

The goals he does score are lucky and crap. So we can’t even make a slick YouTube video for lazy scouts to offload him.

Ive maintained the only top class goal he has scored for us was the header against Burnley.

The majority this season have been latching onto GK/defensive errrors - problem is if thats all thats in your arsenal then when the opposition aint making mistakes you need to have good movement / good finishing which he doesnt have.

Soooo a purple patch for a couple months? And if you really think Dom is even close to the same level as Rich as an overall footballer then you’re without saving.

Dom has had a fine season. But it’s very fair for people to start asking questions again as hes a striker with essentially 3 months of quality production in his career to this point.

But when you're talking purple patch you're talking this season, not last, aren't you?

I also never once said he's the same level as Richarlison.

I think in some cases that's fair because Richarlison, even if he doesn't score, is offering more than Dom.

Dom can't run with the ball and get us up the pitch like Richarlison does. With us not playing 4-5-1 anymore he isn't being expected to hold the ball up as much which is one of the strengths to his game but we aren't seeing much from him at the moment.

My point was more some games Richarlison doesn't score and doesn't do anything else, no one says anything. Dom might have a great game but not score, still gets abuse.

My point was more some games Richarlison doesn't score and doesn't do anything else, no one says anything. Dom might have a great game but not score, still gets abuse.

But my point is even if Richarlison doesn't score he's still a threat and moving us up the pitch.

Dom doesn't do that and since he isn't playing the target man role at the moment so he doesn't offer much when he doesn't score.

But my point is even if Richarlison doesn't score he's still a threat and moving us up the pitch.

Dom doesn't do that and since he isn't playing the target man role at the momen sot he doesn't offer much when he doesn't score.

At the moment Dom isn't playing well but I pointed out in my post he was brilliant, for me, back end of last season when we went on that run and he wasn't prolific.

Ive maintained the only top class goal he has scored for us was the header against Burnley.

The majority this season have been latching onto GK/defensive errrors - problem is if thats all thats in your arsenal then when the opposition aint making mistakes you need to have good movement / good finishing which he doesnt have.

Some people seem to think he’s as good as richarlison. And don’t know why we treat him the same when he doesn’t score hahaha.

He’s an absolute coward with the ball.

It has to be a mentality thing for me. He is not being anywhere near as physical as he can.

Technically I still have concerns. His first instinct is always out of his feet away from goal but for someone with that turn of pace he should be turning and driving into the box. I'm just not sure he has the game to do it.

At the moment Dom isn't playing well but I pointed out in my post he was brilliant, for me, back end of last season when we went on that run and he wasn't prolific.
Right but he was playing that hold up target man role. He's not doing that in the 4-4-2 so when he's not scoring he's not offering much else.

Everton just realeased this goal of the season contender video on the Everton YouTube. Richy is in it 3 times, Gordon is in it for the under 23s.

Lewin nowhere to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.