2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’d been kicked up in the air immediately before this.
He was rubbish that but he wasn’t at fault for that decision. It was a ludicrous refereeing decision.
Some media channels are wondering why John Moss on VAR never spotted that penalty .....DCL robbed of a winning goal ashame deserved it for that center forward s performance- he was class today....

Superb there. Fortunate with the goal obviously, but lottery, ticket etc. Good work closing down De Gea and some great hold-up too..

He's such a handful when paired with someone like Richarlison. He's not going to be a world beater, as I think the second chance demonstrated. There are some relatively important things he's not and probably never will be particularly good at, but he's absolutely maxing out on what he's capable of and crucially, scoring goals consistently. You can't argue with his recent goal record and it's over a decent stretch of time now, against a wide range of opponents, home and away.

Deserved a second as well. I still think the VAR decision was pathetic and not what the tech was brought in for at all.

The early one? Outside of his boot, took a very good save to stop it going in

Looked like it was going wide to me. Don't think he ever looked convincing in taking on the chance, personally. Never quite had it under control and it was definitely one he'd ideally have hit with his left.

Last edited:
Looked like it was going wide to me. Don't think he ever looked convincing in taking on the chance, personally. Never quite had it under control and it was definitely on he'd ideally have hit with his left.
You've been his biggest critic you will be upset when a European giant takes him.....

I'm not having a dig Dave but how many times have you seen him live and i don't mean on TV?

tenor.gif

To be fair, you see some stuff on TV you don't notice at the game, but there's a reason scouts go to games rather than just watch TV, and that's because the combination of both gives you a much better insight than if you just do one.

Yes sell the family silver your completely off the wall .....and pay more to replace him like Tosun?

Unless City blow FFP to bits in the courts, we're going to need to sell players occasionally to allow us to spend heavily on the squad. I'd rather we sold DCL to Barca than Richarlison.

That said, I'd rather keep them both, if we can raise the money elsewhere, but if one of those clubs come calling, the offer's going to be good.

The way OGS was speaking in his post match interview about Dom could see them bidding big for him in the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.