2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Movement remains a problem.

Watch him when Gomes or anyone else is on the ball and looking to play it forward. He's not on the move in any meaningful way. That's why we end up turning to the wings much more than we should be doing. We need to mix our options up, and I think Ancelotti will go out and bring a striker in who can work defences a lot more from open play than DCL.

Didn’t think I’ve ever seen a player improve so much over 2 months. Literally he looks a different player.
Him and holgate have improved that much it’s scary. Imagine a midfield that run and put it on a plate for DCL and richarlison we will be up there next season for Europe. Holgate is the first player at the ref if they get something wrong. Both have played themselves into the England fold I think

Watch him when Gomes or anyone else is on the ball and looking to play it forward. He's not on the move in any meaningful way. That's why we end up turning to the wings much more than we should be doing. We need to mix our options up, and I think Ancelotti will go out and bring a striker in who can work defences a lot more from open play than DCL.

Unbelievable Dave he ran United defenders ragged along with Richarlison, the lads brilliant in the air to, fast, scores goals and incredible work ethic, what more could you ask from a young striker.

Unbelievable Dave he ran United defenders ragged along with Richarlison, the lads brilliant in the air to, fast, scores goals and incredible work ethic, what more could you ask from a young striker.
Running defenders ragged is not the same as slicing them open. He competes for the ball with them, for sure. But he seldom gets the drop on them. To do that you need to play in between defenders and be on the turn toward goal when a team mate is just getting the ball under control.

It's all instinct and cant really be taught. It's a gambler's instinct.

I'm not having a dig Dave but how many times have you seen him live and i don't mean on TV? There's always more that you can see live regarding movement and i say this because it's been a major improvement in his game this season.

Running defenders ragged is not the same as slicing them open. He competes for the ball with them, for sure. But he seldom gets the drop on them. To do that you need to play in between defenders and be on the turn toward goal when a team mate is just getting the ball under control.

It's all instinct and cant really be taught. It's a gambler's instinct.

Dave your simply wrong on this, he ran clear with the ball at his feet, with defenders trailing, not long after his goal. Only a fingertip save from their goalkeeper stopped him adding a second. He's forever closing down defenders, that's where his first goal came from, must be absolute nightmare to play against, with his pace. The last position we need to look is striker mate, Centre half, Centre back and right winger.

To think last year we were panicking for a striker. Now we've got two. DCL's all round game has been brilliant. Going two up top has allowed him focus more on being a striker and he's come on leaps and bounds.

Brand's interview about 'not buying players who block developing players' was spot on. Holgate being a similar case.

Wouldn't it be nice if Kenny gave us a surprise too?

Status
Not open for further replies.