2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's Silva's Naismith - limited player who gets game time because he runs around alot.

However it must be said DCL doesn't pick himself - you're making me hate Bambi Marco stop picking him ahead of an actual goalscorer.

I just don’t see what this lad brings to the table to justify a start up front. It’s clearly not working as he never really makes an impact.

Lad could have Katie Price laying on his bed... legs spread apart... gagging for it... and still find a way to miss the target.

He is defo the worst sh@gger in the squad. He would be a gentle hugger - too polite and caring. Katie Price would eat him alive.

Tosun or Mina could destroy her though. Gomes wouldn't bother as he has who he wants, when he wants. lol. P.s. I've a wife and kids!

Dominic Calvert-Lewin regarding repaying Brands faith in him and competition with Moise Kean "I just think I’ve got to keep doing what I’ve been doing"

Erm no Dom, you obviously need to not do what you have been doing and to actually start scoring goals because that is what your job is first and foremost and 11 goals in 3 years is nowhere near good enough and is going to be no competition for Moise Kean whatsoever.

Too much mollycoddling and performance elevation by the Everton Hierarchy has gone to his head and is not doing him any favours at all.

Aye but Naismith was more than decent in front of goal.
Slightly off topic, but I never really understood why Naismith was so undervalued here at Everton by the fan base, to the point he was even disliked.

He wasn't glamorous but he scored goals against some top clubs while he was at it; he worked hard and his goal rate was something like one every five games.

When you consider how much we actually paid for him, his consistent effort and his goal return, well for me he has was a pretty shrewd purchase!

Perhaps that's why DCL will never get any appreciation or praise from areas of our fan base.

Slightly off topic, but I never really understood why Naismith was so undervalued here at Everton by the fan base, to the point he was even disliked.

He wasn't glamorous but he scored goals against some top clubs while he was at it; he worked hard and his goal rate was something like one every five games.

When you consider how much we actually paid for him, his consistent effort and his goal return, well for me he has was a pretty shrewd purchase!

Perhaps that's why DCL will never get any appreciation or praise from areas of our fan base.

I think the point with players like Naismith is that everyone can see their limitations. You just can't afford to carry players like that if you want top 4, no matter how hard they work.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin regarding repaying Brands faith in him and competition with Moise Kean "I just think I’ve got to keep doing what I’ve been doing"

Erm no Dom, you obviously need to not do what you have been doing and to actually start scoring goals because that is what your job is first and foremost and 11 goals in 3 years is nowhere near good enough and is going to be no competition for Moise Kean whatsoever.

Too much mollycoddling and performance elevation by the Everton Hierarchy has gone to his head and is not doing him any favours at all.

Lads a joker but he doesnt pick himself - Silva hasn't the guts to drop him at present therefore we'll continue to struggle infront of goal.

Reactions: Lob

Status
Not open for further replies.