2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scored 10 goal in the premier league.
Still people on here begrudgingly being positive about him. These are the same people who would go mental if he left at the end of the season

Feel sorry for Dom and Kean they played well and let down by bad defending. However on an individual note, DCL has hit double figure league goals for the first time and it's only January. Always felt this season could be his make or break and he's grasping his chance big time.

Was my motm today and his finish was that of a decent striker . Had lift to take it over the defenders challenge , weaker foot, struck well and into the corner, all after a decent first touch. He didn’t win as many headers today but his touch and movement were decent and him and kean done enough for us to win the game but we’re let down by the defence and davies

Was my motm today and his finish was that of a decent striker . Had lift to take it over the defenders challenge , weaker foot, struck well and into the corner, all after a decent first touch. He didn’t win as many headers today but his touch and movement were decent and him and kean done enough for us to win the game but we’re let down by the defence and davies

Wow, thatis a compliment from you tel haha

He showed a calmness in front of goal , that is my major concern with him. Time will tell if it was a hit and hope or if he’s improving, I hope it’s the latter.

He's done a few nice finishes this season, just a little patience with youngsters can pay off, not always but I always thought Dom was showing constant incremental improvement. I'm happy for the lad it's clicking for him.

He - along with Bernard and Kean - were the bright spots last night. Indeed bringing two of that three off late on instantly altered the mood and dynamic. Three nailed on starters, if fit, for remainder of season. Squeeze Richy in to accommodate them.

Beginning to be a ray light.
DCL and Richarlison, and potentially Kean, look like they could save us a hell of a lot of time and money whilst the midfield, defence and goalkeeping situations are rectified.
That front three, and I say with no reservations, could be good for the next 9/10 years with the way they are developing.
I would like to see a front 3 of Ricarlison,DCL Kean before the season ends
Gbamin,Gomes and Bernard behind them
Only 2 problems, our defence is too fragile and Carlo doesn't play 4-3-3

brilliant finish on his weaker foot, 10 goals one of the few positives for this season improved big time this year.

I get what you mean. I think playing as a loan striker won't be a problem if the system is competent enough to get people near him. He was being asked to play way too alone. No one can handle that.

Also Atletico have been quite good in 4-4-2 recently and of course Leicester's title was exclusively 4-4-2. It can still happen with the right set up.
For once we agree
Its all about having the right players with the right attitude and them all knowing their jobs
At the end of the day its 11 vs 11 and in most cases the team with the better players will win

Status
Not open for further replies.