2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm... you really think I would rather he was gash just so I would be right? You think I would rather watch my team struggle every week just so I could be right? Well that’s simply not true

I refuse to accept any positives? I have said many time that I like him as a person and he has a great attitude etc but I also said that I don’t think he’s going to be good enough and that he shooting is crap , which let’s be honest it is.

I don’t really care about eating humble pie tbh I would love him to turn into the best striker in the league and watch us win every week but he had a run of games against the “ big” teams last season and went back to his usual self shortly after.

This time he has a better manager and more importantly a change in formation that gives him a partner. Him having 3-4 games doesn’t mean he’s suddenly the Harry Kane people on here are saying he could be. If he keeps up performances and reaches a decent goal tally then I will be over the moon. Calling out all the people on here that said he was crap, championship standard etc is a bit premature imo and like I said earlier , we will have to wait until the end of the season for that
would have been much easier to just type “ yes i am a bozo and sorry i will hold my ludicrous opinions to myself a bit more in the future. i am really sorry guys “ and people would have respected u more bud.

There's chatter of Man Utd wanting DCL for £50m.
In the summer I'd have snapped their hands off. Not so sure now.

50 million quid doesn't buy you much up top these days. It won't buy you 14 goals scored almost exclusively against bottom-feeders (Lukaku the last two seasons). It'll buy Werner or Haaland...if you're already a European giant that's prepared to meet the contract demands that inevitably accompany a low release clause.

I'm not fully convinced by DCL just yet, though I'm very glad to see him hit a patch of form. (My main complaint is wasted chances.) And even I'm going to say we should hold rather than sell, simply because of how expensive goals from open play have become to buy.

50 million quid doesn't buy you much up top these days. It won't buy you 14 goals scored almost exclusively against bottom-feeders (Lukaku the last two seasons). It'll buy Werner or Haaland...if you're already a European giant that's prepared to meet the contract demands that inevitably accompany a low release clause.

I'm not fully convinced by DCL just yet, though I'm very glad to see him hit a patch of form. (My main complaint is wasted chances.) And even I'm going to say we should hold rather than sell, simply because of how expensive goals from open play have become to buy.
To be fair to him, his conversion rate is over 20%. That’s one of the best rates in the league.

Utd have Rashford, Martial and Greenwood.
At Everton he is playing all the time. Going to Utd would block his progress as his game time will reduce.
After a few years, he has cemented his place in the Everton lineup and is starting to hit a vein of form in a team now set up for him.
This could quickly evaporate If he is not playing regularly.
Besides which, there have been reservations about whether he will ever be prolific. One short spell does not prove anything.
He needs to continue developing at Everton under Carlos expert guidance to fulfil his potential.
I think this is ridiculous paper talk.

I said even 10 league goals would be a significant improvement and he looks like he's going to smash that, I think 15 is realistic under the new gaffer and him having 2 up top.
yep said the same, I would have been happy with 10 as well given that he was playing with Siggy behind him..

Status
Not open for further replies.