2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

I dont want to blow my own trumpet here, but here's what I said earlier...

...and here's what Ancelotti said tonight:

Where he can improve – and where he has to improve – is when we have the ball: he has to be more focused on the goal. He is really generous so he moves up and down, right and left, he has to be more focused on the goal.

I think that underlines the point in spades that I made about his failings.

Some see the crescent; Carlo and me see the whole of the moon.
Ever talented. That is why we love you Dave

Had zero time for him up until december. Has shown some good stuff since. In particular more aggression. If you dont have a steady flow of goals in your locker and want the number 9 you must obviously work hard ( and in fairness he has always done so) but he needed to stand up more. Put his head where it counts. Bully defenders. He has done that since December and has done well.

improving all the time, cannot ask for anymore from the lad. Ancelotti has stated his movement needs work, he has identified that already so finger crossed it gets better. He's a useful player is Dom.
Considering the amount of abuse he gets he has done well this season, has scored 8 goals which is good given he has been a sub a lot anyway. You can see he has improved over time and is getting bette, just wish people would get off his back.

For me dcl is around where Graham sharp was at that age very similar attributes, can keep two centre half's busy not a natural finisher and works hard for the team
He should be looking to get 15 goals this season ,can only see him improving over the next couple of seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.