2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see Ancelotti’s comments, seems like he has a plan to coach him on his weaknesses rather than just focus on his strengths. This could really help him.

It's almost as though some posters on here are clueless biffs.

They're even taking the fact that Ancelotti sees areas where he needs to improve as proof that "They're right on the internet", and ignoring the fact that it's down to managers and coaches to, you know, actually improve players.

Strange folk some of our fans, but we should feel sorry for them and the miserable lives they must lead.

I wouldn't say 'almost' more like 'they are clueless biffs. Same ole posters as well.

The amount of effort he puts in week in, week out, makes it impossible to hate him. Quality-wise, he's decent for his age but needs to improve his hold up play and finishing. He'll be a good back up when we sign an actual striker.

Haven't seen any replays yet ( apart from at the ground ), but I thought the other headers were just half chances, and he was never favourite to score, which obviously was much the case with his goal as well. The boy did OK, lots of room for improvement obviously, unlike in a minority of our fan base who are beyond hope.

One of those chances was a difficult one because he was stretching, the other one he should have done a lot better with.

One of those chances was a difficult one because he was stretching, the other one he should have done a lot better with.
He doesn’t really get power on his header which is what you need to do when the ball isn’t driven at your head with pace. You can glance line drives to your forehead, but you have to get a good swing on those lofted crosses. He just needs to improve on that.

He doesn’t really get power on his header which is what you need to do when the ball isn’t driven at your head with pace. You can glance line drives to your forehead, but you have to get a good swing on those lofted crosses. He just needs to improve on that.

what I always say to my lad, even when the ball is whipped in with pace he somehow manages to take the pace off the ball instead of using that pace.

Glad to see Ancelotti’s comments, seems like he has a plan to coach him on his weaknesses rather than just focus on his strengths. This could really help him.

I think Ancelotti wants him to be more focus in the central areas with his movement. That's not the same as DCL9 having an inherent movement problem.

I dont want to blow my own trumpet here, but here's what I said earlier...

Have a look at the way he aimlessly accelerates sideways for a player looking to play a forward pass - he should be playing off the shoulder of defenders looking to turn them on their heels and get that advantage and be in on goal.

The lad is 'kin hopeless at losing his marker.
It's easy to jog along the front line, far harder to have that killer instinct knowing when to spin off a couple of defenders and time your move to perfection for a ball played into your path.

If the lad was getting caught offside more than he does it'd at least show he had the instincts of a predator or even a gambler.

...and here's what Ancelotti said tonight:

Where he can improve – and where he has to improve – is when we have the ball: he has to be more focused on the goal. He is really generous so he moves up and down, right and left, he has to be more focused on the goal.

I think that underlines the point in spades that I made about his failings.

Some see the crescent; Carlo and me see the whole of the moon.

Last edited:
I dont want to blow my ow trumpet here, but here's what I said earlier...

...and here's what Ancelotti said tonight:

Where he can improve – and where he has to improve – is when we have the ball: he has to be more focused on the goal. He is really generous so he moves up and down, right and left, he has to be more focused on the goal.

I think that underlines the point in spades that I made about his failings.

Some see the crescent; Carlo and me see the whole of the moon.
I pictured a rainbow there

Status
Not open for further replies.