2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because others (in your point, football commentators) say it, doesn't mean it's right. And they have been called out on it very publicly in the last 2 seasons. It is racist because the language that's used stereotypes and it's different words that used.

Wow, that article is absolutely horrendous and makes me feel genuinely uncomfortable reading it. The Japanese manager is racist because he acknowledged his team were physically weaker than the Senegalese team?

I for one think we were a better team with DCL on the pitch. Schneiderlin getting sent off made a big difference to what kean could do. Especially when he doesn’t track back a lot.

I for one think we were a better team with DCL on the pitch. Schneiderlin getting sent off made a big difference to what kean could do. Especially when he doesn’t track back a lot.

Shows how bad the other options are and how far we are away from getting out of the mid table rut.

Wow, that article is absolutely horrendous and makes me feel genuinely uncomfortable reading it. The Japanese manager is racist because he acknowledged his team were physically weaker than the Senegalese team?

Dont get me wrong, there is plenty wrong with the article, but it's the comments around use of language, and how it's the physical attributes that are used when referring to black players. Its undercurrent within all walks of life as well, and not just around race, but around sex as well. Different terms are common place for different groups of people and that's the issue.

We need him in the squad. We also need a striker that can score goals which hopefully is Kean, but his ability to win the ball when we are forced long, and that's a lot, is crucial. At a minimum we need that option on the bench because trusting our midfield to constantly get the ball forward, especially when Gylfi is not helping, is not always a winning strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.