2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broadly speaking as a team we score as many goals as you’d expect from chances we create. The fundamental problem is we don’t create enough chances. It’s ludicrous to blame that on DCL who is a half decent finisher. The problem won’t be solved by Kean, the problem will be solved by sorting out our midfield.

But DCL equally doesn't help by not reacting when chances do come.

A good striker can turn a half-chance into a goal.

Really what intelligent runs did he make? that's our problem we have no midfielder who can cut a defence open with a through ball - DCL did well back to goal,but what service did the pair get yesterday? answers on a postage stamp ........
we crated very little to score how many serious shots on target?
The Sig blew it slicing the best chance....

You can`t polish a turd Joey.

Really what intelligent runs did he make? that's our problem we have no midfielder who can cut a defence open with a through ball - DCL did well back to goal,but what service did the pair get yesterday? answers on a postage stamp ........

So much about the service depends on the ability of the striker receiving the ball. Does he have the movement to create space for himself? Can he get the ball into feet and look like he´s going to make something happen? With DCL the answer to both those questions is no.

Honestly, put DCL up front for Liverpool and he wouldn´t look much better. In fact, his ineffectiveness would cripple their system.

Joey it is the duty of the forward to find and create space to receive from the midfield. His main failing is anticipation when crosses are coming in...he stays with a defender rather than trying to cut in front of him or back off of him. I seriously believe he has problems heading a ball

Completely unrelated to football but rumour on my street in sunny Sheffield is that DCL has bought a recently done up house thats four houses up from mine for his family so hoping its true and I bump into him walking the dog one day.

Inappropriate Content
DCL’s stats say he’s not far behind Rashford lmfao. Christ all mighty. Don’t let that fella vote in elections/referendums.

There are a million big black fellas that will run channels all day from Div I who can do what DCL does. They also get chucked to the wing whenever anyone with any finishing ability or footballing intelligence gets a game.

It should take less than 90 minutes for anyone to see the fella doesn’t have it at the top level. Richarlison ‘has it’ but he’s inconsistent. The best players all ‘had it at 19 years old’ but needed time. Unfortunately DCL never has and never will ‘have it’.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joey it is the duty of the forward to find and create space to receive from the midfield. His main failing is anticipation when crosses are coming in...he stays with a defender rather than trying to cut in front of him or back off of him. I seriously believe he has problems heading a ball
I seen the same problem when Keen came on one ball with an attempted pass forwards was over hit by about 5 yards otherwise he may have had a chance - we seem to rely on getting it wide and throwing aimless crosses in with no big bustling no 9 in the team nothing will change until the teams new signings settle in and maybe a formation change will get some creation to get attempts on goal leading to us scoring.....

Status
Not open for further replies.