2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
We created more chances against City than any other team has this season.

How many of them were from corners and crosses?

Apart from Ederson saving DCL (who had 3 shots all game), most of the chances were from Mina (himself having 3 shots all on target).

Out of the 12 shots and 11 chances created, half of them fell to a defender and a striker who did score.

So it's a little misleading to say we created more chances than any team against City so far when a large chunk were set pieces.

How many of them were from corners and crosses?

Apart from Ederson saving DCL (who had 3 shots all game), most of the chances were from Mina (himself having 3 shots all on target).

Out of the 12 shots and 11 chances created, half of them fell to a defender and a striker who did score.

So it's a little misleading to say we created more chances than any team against City so far when a large chunk were set pieces.

3 clear chances per game for a striker is decent service.

His job is also to link up play, something that he also doesn’t do.

3 clear chances per game for a striker is decent service.

His job is also to link up play, something that he also doesn’t do.

And he scored 1 and one of the best keepers in the league kept him out for a second.

I'm not defending him. But he's currently our joint top scorer in the league, and top scorer in all competitions so far.

It's not a reflection on him and his game (he has faults and I think he needs a loan). But it's a damming reflection on Iwobi, Richarlison, Sigurdson, Bernard, Walcott etc who aren't scoring either.

can't link up when Gylfi is 200 yards away from him, When Kean came on he won some decent flick ons, None of our strikers get any sort of help.

Exactly. Face facts and admit we don't have a solo 20 goals a season striker (stating the obvious). So we can't judge him on that level. He'll get 10 tops if he has a superb season.

We can judge the others around him need to chip in and do more.

We play with 4 attackers. Yet we are fixated on the 1 striker

One of the positive aspects of DCL is that he's now getting into more goal scoring positions. What we are seeing now is DCL wants to score goals rather getting involve in build up play and competing against central defenders.

He’s crap. We deserve everything we get for making him our number 9 and having him lead the line for us every game.

Wouldn’t get anywhere near the first teams of those clubs we are trying to compete with and that’s one of the many differences.

We are crap, though.

We've got crap players and a pretty crap manager atm.

We are where we are. Kean is a great talent and prospect but it was mental to lump all of our expectations on him and DCL. The fact we panicked late on and moved for Zaha (which should have been done much earlier in the window) shows we realised that.

DCL played okay yesterday. He gave City's defenders a hard time. He needs to do that in every game and the manager now needs to realise we have to start playing forwards around our striker.

4-2-3-1 in its current format needs to go. If he's going to play it, Iwobi has to be central and Gylfi deeper if Gomes isn't fit.

And he scored 1 and one of the best keepers in the league kept him out for a second.

I'm not defending him. But he's currently our joint top scorer in the league, and top scorer in all competitions so far.

It's not a reflection on him and his game (he has faults and I think he needs a loan). But it's a damming reflection on Iwobi, Richarlison, Sigurdson, Bernard, Walcott etc who aren't scoring either.

Watch that one on one back, he scuffed it big time. He isn’t good enough, as much as I don’t want us changing managers every few years; the fact he keeps starting him means Silva has ran out of ideas and it’ll ultimately be the thing that gets him the chop.

DCL isn't the answer but he certainly isn't the problem in this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.