2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one creates for him. Until we see him missing chance after chance its hard to judge.
It doesn't help that he has poor movement and when he gets it he gives it away. He works hard, he's great defensively, but he's poor on the ball. Can't go by anyone and can't pass very well.

It doesn't help that he has poor movement and when he gets it he gives it away. He works hard, he's great defensively, but he's poor on the ball. Can't go by anyone and can't pass very well.

You could say that but you can also say do we create chances for the striker when it’s not him picked? It’s a thankless job being up front in this set up. On the pitch to disrupt and assist more than score. Should have brought Kevin Davies out of retirement for it.

You could say that but you can also say do we create chances for the striker when it’s not him picked? It’s a thankless job being up front in this set up. On the pitch to disrupt and assist more than score. Should have brought Kevin Davies out of retirement for it.
It wasn't like that last year. To me, the problem is still the player, but it is difficult to judge movement of CF on TV. But he seems to make a lot of wrong choices when we have a chance to get it into the box.

Lol at everyone ragging on @Archer for suggesting Dixie dean would only score five goals in modern football. I thought that was being generous personally... dudes an athlete from 1930s ffs, he’d get absolutely stomped on by today’s footballers, it would be embarrassing to watch.

You don’t believe that if he was around today that he would also benefit from current training and dieting ? Also , stomped on? The guy lost one of his balls during a game mate, doubt he would be worried about modern tackles tbh.

Exactly nor do you pick on a CF who has just scored, and get your stats wrong - Keen has not scored as yet when will you turn on him ?...
I reiterate we could have the worlds best striker up there and he would struggle too....
DCL the juries still out , but he had a very good game on Sunday his all round play holding the ball up laying it off good in the air - he should never have gone off 4-4 -2 when 2-1 down was that was answer but Silva persted in 4 5 1- he may as well swapped stek in goal as our best forward passer was Pickford......
If you cannot see away from home we get turned over because the teams just stop our fullbacks - Aston Villa , and now Bournemouth who got their first home wins v US........

Mate we had lukaku, who isn’t the worlds best striker and he didn’t struggle. DCL is cack and that’s the harsh truth

It wasn't like that last year. To me, the problem is still the player, but it is difficult to judge movement of CF on TV. But he seems to make a lot of wrong choices when we have a chance to get it into the box.

I'm not saying he has great movement I'm just saying Silva's set up does not help a striker whatsoever. Kean is a much better striker but his only chances so far are all self-created.

Status
Not open for further replies.