2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair George Camsell scored 59 the season before...

Sucks to be George. 59 goals and he only has the record for one season.
George did it a division lower the old division 2 Dixie did it in the old Division 1 till the prem came along many many years later, so it was a greater feat .....than Georges 59 goals even though it was a football league record......for 1 season...
I have read many many books on Dixe Ralph Dean a boyhood Evertonian - a complete athlete - a gentleman never booked- he told Arsenal where to go in his pomp out of loyalty- sadly now missing from today's game - he would have advised any blues Centre forward as he did with Lawton......who he knew full to well was bought to replace him......
As for DCL the juries out, but any CF we have needs service and a stronger midfield.....

DCL will come good. The biggest problem is the service he gets. He got a goal against Bournmouth, and that will give his confidence a boost. Further, his link up play is excellent, and he is a handful for every defender. We have to focus on giving him better service, and more movement around him.

I would like to see 4-3-3 DCL- Keen - and Ricoh up front interchanging that forward line has pace to burn- then the midfield needs reigning with pace too.......sig snider left out...
I just don't see any reason to play DCL instead of Bernard or Iwobi. Just play Kean.

DCL will come good. The biggest problem is the service he gets. He got a goal against Bournmouth, and that will give his confidence a boost. Further, his link up play is excellent, and he is a handful for every defender. We have to focus on giving him better service, and more movement around him.

He won’t come good. He can’t finish. People say he hasn’t had service. He’s got Digne, Siggy, Bernard, Iwobi and Richarlison whipping them in. He has 1 goal in 13.

Richarlison and Siggy got 13/14 goals each last season. DCL wouldn’t get double figures.

He isn’t good enough for what we need - not even close.

Play Kean until he gets up to speed or stick Richarlison up front. DCL won’t be missed.

I would like to see 4-3-3 DCL- Keen - and Ricoh up front interchanging that forward line has pace to burn- then the midfield needs reigning with pace too.......sig snider left out...

Like your post mate but not sure about DCL is there no U23 we could give a chance to.

Like your post mate but not sure about DCL is there no U23 we could give a chance to.
I cant get this he scored played with in an awful midfield, and Keen has yet to score we could have the best CF in the world and they would struggle to score - look how many players from midfield enter the box?
NO pace other than the two fullbacks - Delph did ok but he was on his own in the midfield... Silva is clueless imo away from home.......

Status
Not open for further replies.