2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
You didn't get my post. I was referring tactically. And if ladyboy is 10x better than DCL then he ought to have scored 60 goals last season. I do wonder if some of posters here are RS in disguise.
Don't have to be a kopite to see he's an infinitely better player than Lewin could ever be.

And if silva thinks he can do a similar job tactically we're in trouble

League one level.

Forget his age, he has had enough games here now for us to form a solid opinion and there isn't a thread of evidence to suggest this lad will go on and be a top striker and slot 15-20 goals in a season. He just doesn't have it, plain and simple.

This will be his last season at Everton

This. He has had plenty games to prove he has some bit potential. He has shown without doubt he hasnt the potential to be any kind of decent premiership forward. Championship forward in 2 years and we will have wasted 4 years of playing this perfect example of very average everton players.

1 goal in 13 games changes nothing. He’s so bad. The fact we are starting games with a striker who has that sort of record is a disgrace.

Rather give Kean 13 games and see if he can better 1 goal.

And what sort of service has he had during that time?

I'll answer that for you, utter garbage

And has he ever played in a system that doesn't leave him hopelessly isolated and without any form of adequate support?

I'll answer that for you as well, no he hasn't

All the same complaints he gets will be the ones Kean will be getting in due course, because to play in this Marco Silva system as a lone striker you may as well be in Timbuktu

I like how he scores but people then get even more negative towards him

The lad can't win

he can win by scoring more than 1 goal in abar 15 games

And has he ever played in a system that doesn't leave him hopelessly isolated and without any form of adequate support?

All the same complaints he gets will be the ones Kean will be getting in due course, because to play in this Marco Silva system as a lone striker you may as well be in Timbuktu

it's not just the service though, it's DCL inability to find space and get into shooting positions, is it any surprise the only 2 games where we looked dangerous going forward are the 2 games he never started, as much as I agree siggy was been woeful this season, it's hard to create chances for a striker who doesn't get into good scoring positions and when he foes he absolutely fluffs his lines

Bloke not concerned that he hadnt scored a goal in 6 months.

That sums up everything about this club and its lack of ambition.

Imagine the striker of Man Utd or Spurs or Liverpool saying that or better yet the manager of those clubs still playing him every week.

The clubs a complete joke at the moment and this weenie is the punch line.

The system isn't geared up for one player to be the main scoring threat either and Dominic is expected to do the donkey work for Gylfi and Richy.

He needs to improve though, he hasn't started well and I noticed Digne shouting at him for his lack of movement against Bournemouth. He's not playing well at the minute but like you say, Kean will have the same problems, he's probably better at creating his own chances but service-wise, he will struggle as well.

1 goal in 13 games changes nothing. He’s so bad. The fact we are starting games with a striker who has that sort of record is a disgrace.

Rather give Kean 13 games and see if he can better 1 goal.
I like to see Dixie Dean reincarnated score a few but with that midfield and poor crosses other than our left back Deighn
I think he would even struggle...... tippy tappy football takes us five minutes to move up the pitch, also our best passer of the ball is our Keeper........

Come on Mike, he has had Digne, Coleman, Rich, Sigurdsson, Bernard and Iwobi putting balls into the boxes, setpieces, etc.

Granted he’s not been gifted open nets, but his goal scoring record is extremely poor and whenever he has a sniff of goal you always fancy him to fluff his lines.

Compare him to Richarlison who is a lot more clinical in front of goal and even when playing out wide, he gets into better goal scoring positions than DCL.

Abusing the clubs greatest ever goalscorer is something no Evertonian would dream of doing !!
I like to see Dixie Dean reincarnated score a few but with that midfield and poor crosses other than our left back Deighn
I think he would even struggle...... tippy tappy football takes us five minutes to move up the pitch, also our best passer of the ball is our Keeper........
Dixie Dean wouldn't score 5 goals a season in the modern game the goal hanging Wirral gimp.

Dixie Dean wouldn't score 5 goals a season in the modern game the goal hanging Wirral gimp.
Brilliant you obviously have not read what an athlete he was it was the same pitch in his era 60 goals in one season I have read it all now from a Blue FGS -
Look up his record even for England his scoring was high up there with the best .......
He stated once that when the other lot had two good wingers he would have surpassed his score -Thompson and Callaghan....
if you know your history etc.......
To label him a gimp is a awful remark so we have a statue outside Goodison of a of a wirral gimp ........ FGS pathetic......

Come on Mike, he has had Digne, Coleman, Rich, Sigurdsson, Bernard and Iwobi putting balls into the boxes, setpieces, etc.

Granted he’s not been gifted open nets, but his goal scoring record is extremely poor and whenever he has a sniff of goal you always fancy him to fluff his lines.

Compare him to Richarlison who is a lot more clinical in front of goal and even when playing out wide, he gets into better goal scoring positions than DCL.

Why arent we playing richie up front until kean is ready and siggy, bernard and iwobi behind him?

Status
Not open for further replies.