2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take your points & we do need to sign a top finisher next season, however DCL can learn & continue to improve his skills & will mature into a top striker himself....

His finishing needs to improve agreed, but confidence is a huge thing & once he gets a few goals under his belt he will flourish & the goals will flow....

He will get better & in my honest opinion I think we have a real talent in DCL....

The trouble is That finishing isn’t bad, it’s absolutely shocking. He has no power in his shots and can’t score from outside the area , he has no composure in or around the box , he doesn’t get the ball heading for the corners and is indecisive when presented with any clear sight of goal. The only thing he seems to be able to not be gash at is getting his head on the ball. His shots are either the wrong option and he should have passed , weak , not usually hit cleanly , off target or right at the gk. He has literally no aspect of finishing that he isn’t hash at with his feet, he’s just not very good actually kicking a football and imo that’s a pretty big part of being a footballer

I wonder if DCL would get in the squad of any top 6 team? Answer is I am not wondering really, cos he wouldn't. DCL fans set your sights higher or risk languishing where we are, that is struggling to get near the top 6 and looking over our shoulders at the middle teams.

I wonder if DCL would get in the squad of any top 6 team? Answer is I am not wondering really, cos he wouldn't. DCL fans set your sights higher or risk languishing where we are, that is struggling to get near the top 6 and looking over our shoulders at the middle teams.

Why you arsed about what the Top 6 do mate? We didn't even get 7th.

The trouble is That finishing isn’t bad, it’s absolutely shocking. He has no power in his shots and can’t score from outside the area , he has no composure in or around the box , he doesn’t get the ball heading for the corners and is indecisive when presented with any clear sight of goal. The only thing he seems to be able to not be gash at is getting his head on the ball. His shots are either the wrong option and he should have passed , weak , not usually hit cleanly , off target or right at the gk. He has literally no aspect of finishing that he isn’t hash at with his feet, he’s just not very good actually kicking a football and imo that’s a pretty big part of being a footballer

Exactly this. Instinct cannot be trained. If his fulfills his potential he could reach the lofty heights of an average championship striker, not Everton's 1st, 2nd or even 3rd choice striker.
Loan him back to Sheff Utd for the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.