2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He lacks composure, thats all.

That comes with age and experience.
For me he's also lacking the sort of movement that marks out top goalscoring strikers. He doesn't necessarily miss loads of chances, he's just not that great at getting them to start with. That's fine though, not all good strikers are great goalscorers. He's a really good option for us at the moment I think. He needs to be more of a threat if he's going to be our first choice, but as a squad option he's as good as we'd get right now.

He lacks composure, thats all.

That comes with age and experience.
School holidays soon mate, lids will be spaffing their loads after 1 week on here during the summer, no composure in sight. We haven't got a 25+ goal striker therefore the sky is falling.

Probably noteworthy that his best performances tend to come against the clubs that don't sit back. He has plenty of use in that regards. Need someone more prolific against teams we have limited chances against because they set up 3 yards in front of the keeper. Good fella Calv

I'm a fan of his and based on performances in the latter part of the season he deserves a place in the squad as much as anyone. He isn't currently the answer to our striker problems but he certainly hasn't done himself any harm with his displays.

Very good post bungle. Don’t be offended but I’m not used to reading sensible comments from you.

For me he's also lacking the sort of movement that marks out top goalscoring strikers. He doesn't necessarily miss loads of chances, he's just not that great at getting them to start with. That's fine though, not all good strikers are great goalscorers. He's a really good option for us at the moment I think. He needs to be more of a threat if he's going to be our first choice, but as a squad option he's as good as we'd get right now.

Agreed. I’d be much more encouraged if he was getting into goal scoring positions. It’s not just his finishing that needs improving, it’s his movement and instinct to get into the right place at the right time.

DCL has been instrumental in the improved results that we had in the latter stages of the season just finished.
Most facets of his game continue to improve and goalscoring is the next and most important aspect where we will hopefully see further improvement.
I don't believe he gets the credit on here he deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.