2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if DCL would get in the squad of any top 6 team? Answer is I am not wondering really, cos he wouldn't. DCL fans set your sights higher or risk languishing where we are, that is struggling to get near the top 6 and looking over our shoulders at the middle teams.

.....’doesn’t take much for the ante-DCL brigade to emerge, does it? They will never let up’.

As I said, some players are like marmite.

Pickford is the regular England keeper, DCL is nowhere near an England cap. One is good enough for our ambitions the other does not seem likely to meet that, Of course I could be wrong and all of a sudden DCL goalscoring attributes hits the headlines and the top clubs start offering £80-100m? That would be nice.

Pickford is the regular England keeper, DCL is nowhere near an England cap. One is good enough for our ambitions the other does not seem likely to meet that, Of course I could be wrong and all of a sudden DCL goalscoring attributes hits the headlines and the top clubs start offering £80-100m? That would be nice.

Whether people like him or not, he is only a few goals away from an England call up. He is behind Rashford, Kane, Sterling, Vardy in that squad (not including the other wide attackers) and so if he were to score a few, he'd get in ahead of Callum Wilson or Vardy - it's not that far away, and he'd still be behind Kane. We can just look at DCL with a bit of balance and fairness. He's a young player, he's not developed as quickly as Sterling, Rashford or even RIcharlison in our own team, but he will probably come good in time. So we can be patient! Nobody is pretending he's a 25 goal striker, but he might be in the future

Whether people like him or not, he is only a few goals away from an England call up. He is behind Rashford, Kane, Sterling, Vardy in that squad (not including the other wide attackers) and so if he were to score a few, he'd get in ahead of Callum Wilson or Vardy - it's not that far away, and he'd still be behind Kane. We can just look at DCL with a bit of balance and fairness. He's a young player, he's not developed as quickly as Sterling, Rashford or even RIcharlison in our own team, but he will probably come good in time. So we can be patient! Nobody is pretending he's a 25 goal striker, but he might be in the future

Didn’t Vardy retire anyway from England?

There's nothing like laying an each-way bet for getting you out of the mire later is there lollol

.....’doesn’t take much for the ante-DCL brigade to emerge, does it? They will never let up’.

As I said, some players Are like marmite

You’re right mr eggs , I honestly cannot see anything special in him while others think he’s going to be amazing. Weird how people looking at exactky the same thing can have such different views

Bottom line ....he's young / under a modest contract / works hard. Does he score enough ? Not yet. Will he improve ? Hope so / will be given the opportunity to.....I don't want him to be our first option but he is currently our best option. Would be a great second striker / sub option if he improves. If not ...we will sell at a profit . We have bigger problems than DCL

Status
Not open for further replies.