2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looool

You literally have no idea; Henry went to Juve and got played on the wing. Went to Arsenal at 22 and started slotting immediately as a centre forward

And cut the bollocks with all this false 9 crap. Bergkamp did not lead the line like the players I’ve listed, including Darren Bent who you are comparing him to

Your argument is absolutely abysmal and laughable. You’ll start comparing Bambis goal scoring record with Paul Ince next

DO SOME RESEARCH

It was at Arsenal that Henry made his name as a world-class footballer,[14] and although his transfer was not without controversy, Wenger was convinced he was worth the transfer fee.[4] Brought in as a replacement for fellow French forward Nicolas Anelka, Henry was immediately moulded into a striker by Wenger, a move that would pay rich dividends in years to come. However, doubts were raised about his ability to adapt to the quick and physical English game when he failed to score in his first eight games.[5] After several difficult months in England, Henry even conceded that he had to "be re-taught everything about the art of striking."

"Several difficult months" Henry had.... yet here you are telling us that DCL won't cut it after 8 continuous games as main striker....

DO SOME RESEARCH

It was at Arsenal that Henry made his name as a world-class footballer,[14] and although his transfer was not without controversy, Wenger was convinced he was worth the transfer fee.[4] Brought in as a replacement for fellow French forward Nicolas Anelka, Henry was immediately moulded into a striker by Wenger, a move that would pay rich dividends in years to come. However, doubts were raised about his ability to adapt to the quick and physical English game when he failed to score in his first eight games.[5] After several difficult months in England, Henry even conceded that he had to "be re-taught everything about the art of striking."

"Several difficult months" Henry had.... yet here you are telling us that DCL won't cut it after 8 continuous games as main striker....

Scored 17 in 31 his first season at Arsenal and 26 over all games in 47

DCL has scored 22 in his entire career

Boss at proven your point you kidda

Yeah You are getting there.... a player who is not the striker scoring the goals. Benzema being the man who creates the space and pins the centre halves. ... funny you don't seem to have an issue with the 13 goals that gylfi and richarlison have do far......

Now you’re getting there, I said you need a striker to score unless you have players like greizman , Mbappe ( your example of Giroud ) two of our front 4 have good goal returns and expecting them to increase that by anything dramatic, let’s say 5 each , next season is unrealistic. That leave Bernie , who’s goal return over his career is poor, and DCL. Now we could replace Bernie but he’s a quality player that enables Digne to play well and he is the highest chance creating defender in the league by a mile. So changing the left side isn’t something I would want to do. We aren’t going to be able to attract a winger that guarantees goals and I would rather have a clinical striker to get on the end of all these chances that we are creating and not converting. DCL will never be that man.

11th then 7th but we were too over reliant on Lukaku as he was basically our only scorer. We now have Rico and Siggy to add threat to the attack but now they are basically our only scorers. Add a striker to take chances and create his own chances aswell as create chances for others then that will be a very good attack that could put the lesser teams to the sword rather than dropping points.

Also left out our 5th place finish and highest ever prem points tally.

I think he will struggle today. I don’t see the space being there for him as there was against the top 6 clubs. These are the sides he needs to improve against

You know nothing of the sort mate.... as for calling him bambi- get a grip.

Henry? Yeah really looked like a natural goalscorer when he started didn't he??? Do some research.

Bergkamp never led the line? Well he never played as a midfielder so what are you trying to say now? Bergkamp often played a false 9 and was one of the first to do it.

DCL if you actually watch him is dropping deep as a false 9 and also playing off the shoulder..... but you don't have a fookin clue about the game so it's wasted on you

I actually thought you were DCL himself .. now I genuinely think you’re his gf.

~18 games, 6 goals, 2 assists, 20 ice baths for opposition centre halves.

Integral to wins vs Arsenal, Chelsea, United

Sure he could slot more - he said himself he wants to slot more.

We could also create more for him.

Would I rather he be selfish and scores a goal and we win 1-0 or would I rather him be selfless and help the team win 4-0? Tough one...

We can't really win with strikers. Yakubu and Lukaku were boss slotters for us but still got brickbats for laziness and / or poor all round play. DCL is now getting it for not slotting enough.

Is there an opinion which sits somewhere between ‘he’s absolutely terrible and will never become any good’ and ‘comparable to Bergkamp and will be worth £120m’?

Cos I think I fall somewhere in the middle here.

Status
Not open for further replies.