2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason he is benefiting our team currently though is because we only have the Turkish Ibrahimovic as an alternative or a winger playing out of position .

He's completed the basics of a striker reasonably well the past few games but nothing to suggest he will become a superstar or provide the goals we most desperately need upfront anytime soon.

But yep credit is due he's looked like a nice solid hardworking but somewhat standard centre forward the past few games.

I think it's fair to say though he has missed quite some glaring chances with the minutes he's been provided thus far though.

I think a hardworking young centre forward on the books is fine...look at Rashford.

Was Drogba a late developer = YES

End of discussion. Youve dug your hole on this one.

No i haven't. I bet anybody who watched Drogba in those years knew he was going to be a very good player.

His career is a perfect trajectory... start young.. and improve as you go up through the leagues and clubs. His record improved with better players around him.

DCL has gone the other way

No i haven't. I bet anybody who watched Drogba in those years knew he was going to be a very good player.

His career is a perfect trajectory... start young.. and improve as you go up through the leagues and clubs. His record improved with better players around him.

DCL has gone the other way

Youve been caught out massively and are still trying to crawl out of the hole youve dug yourself in.

Quite a shame really.

Earlier this season I didn’t think he had it in him to be our main striker.However over the past few games he has shown that he has improved and is currently our best option up front.
If he wants to stay there he now needs to start taking more of his chances and scoring 2 goals in at least one game between now and the end of the season. That is what top strikers do. It’s up to him now.

so he scored more than DCL in fewer games? Right... all whilst playing in a far worse side.

Let this sink in... Niasse has scored 12 prem goals in 60 games. And he's absolutely crap!
Whoah there. I know you want to highlight Calvert Lewin's deficiencies, but there's no need to be offensive about Oumar. Our sweet African prince will return to lead our front line next season after single handedly ruining Liverpool's title hopes. Europe's golden boot next season, nailed on.

So DCL - the jury is still out and we wait to see if he can become the goal scorer we need.....

Meanwhile what do we do for goals?

DCL is not good enough to be our main striker but he's also too good to be sold or thrown about to some garbage team on loan when he's constantly developing his game, 74 appearances for us at 22.

Clearly haven't. Fine, let's have DCL as our striker.. No upgrade needed clearly.
Is clearly not the point anyones making. Anyone with half a brain can see that he is clearly improving and will be a good foil for another striker we bring in. @Zatara is right to say Drogba as purely an example of a player not being the finished article by the age of 23.

Take a seat here because this might shock you...

But players tend to get better as they age.

I know, mad one isn't it. Who would've thought it.

It's comical enough that Lewin is often compared to kane and Sharp and even Ferguson. But Bergkamp ? Baggio ?
Come on now surely this is an ultimate wind up ?
Am I comparing him to them or am I naming strikers who were viewed as quality despite not being known as goalscorers... therefore supporting the view that strikerscarw not necessarily judged on goals.

Ffs the lack of compression on here is startling.

Status
Not open for further replies.